Possible car wash treasure!?

Walknstik

My younger brother was doing some automated sprinkler repair for the owner and I tagged along with him to lend a hand. Back along the fence line where the vacuums are located the ground is low and needs fill dirt added. When I walked over to take a look I realized what the owner was doing to add soil...he is dumping the vacuum containers to fill in the fence line. The area was loaded with zinc pennies along with anything else the nozzle picks up when stuck between the seats! There were coins of higher denominations that I pocketed lying among mardi gras beads, french fries, hard candy, hair and you name it. Would like to get a shovel and sifter screen in there cause there has to be some jewelry mixed in :yes:

My younger brother was doing some automated sprinkler repair for the owner and I tagged along with him to lend a hand. Back along the fence line where the vacuums are located the ground is low and needs fill dirt added. When I walked over to take a look I realized what the owner was doing to add soil...he is dumping the vacuum containers to fill in the fence line. The area was loaded with zinc pennies along with anything else the nozzle picks up when stuck between the seats! There were coins of higher denominations that I pocketed lying among mardi gras beads, french fries, hard candy, hair and you name it. Would like to get a shovel and sifter screen in there cause there has to be some jewelry mixed in :yes:

Sweet! You know theres Gold in that mess!

Congrats , Sharp eye , would not mind sifting that with ya :lol: HH

Yes! Car wash vacuums are great for getting coins. (Ask the attendants). One of my friends used to just vacuum everything up and I could hear bunches of coins clinking up into the vac along with all the smelly month old french fries and junk. He didn't care at all.

that should be a good spot.back in the 80's, a friend of mine hunted a spot like that he found many coins and a couple of gold chains.. wear good gloves to protect your hands from sharp objects that may also be there..

I remember seeing an article on TV a few years ago about a guy who saved up enough money to buy his daughter a used car. He was a maintenance man who had a route in some city where he would travel from car wash to car wash cleaning/maintaining those vacuums. Something to that affect anyway...it's been a while since I seen that.

HDD

Yes guys I will definitely be visiting that car wash again :yes: Last time there I was only able to do some quick "eyeballing"...just scanning the surface but saw enough to wonder what possibly lies below!

My dad & my uncle co-owned a car wash that had a vaccuum. My dad got a call from a lady that sucked her wedding band up. He sifted through the contents and found her ring. My buddy and I used to collect all the change out of it, convert it to quarters, & spent it very wisely at the local arcade heh heh.

Back
Top Bottom