I kissed it, but still my 150th Silver Coin this year!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
I've been sitting on 149 silver coins for the year and hoped today would get me that last one needed, so I headed up to Missoula today to detect with my local AT Max friend, and his brother visiting from Great Falls, Montana, who had just bought a top of the line Bounty Hunter and Garrett Carrot.

We did some "practicing" at my local 1950's apartment permission, and my new friend from Great Falls picked up the operation of the Bounty Hunter pretty quickly. It helped that the VDI numbers were about the same as the AT Pro that I use. We got some wheat pennies, but mostly clad at the apts, so I headed out with them in trail to a neighborhood from the 1920's-50's. I was able to get us permission at 3 yards. The first one had wheaties and clad but no silvers. The next yards were side by side, so I gave my friends one whole corner lot front yard to check while I did the yard next door. I started finding wheat pennies, a couple of those older small aluminum baby food spoons, and finally under some roots but fairly shallow, a 1941 Mercury Dime! The other yard produced a few wheats, lots of clad, and a cool "P.M." marked brass RR lock key for my friends.

Today was HOT in town, about 96 degrees, but partly cloudy thankfully. Even though I gave her a scratch, am happy to get to 150 silver coins on the year! The first two pics show all my finds from today, a closeup of #150, and the last pic shows the better rings that I've found so far this year. Thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• fifty1.jpg
    fifty1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 420
  • fifty2.jpg
    fifty2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 365
  • rings.jpg
    rings.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 389
150 fty and still have time to make it to 200 I'd say! Congratulations!

Thank you BuscaPlata! I hope so, I've been slacking off lately with other stuff in life going on but hope to keep going out to detect. Our "season" here in Western Montana ends about the 1st of December so I do have time!

Well done David! 150 silvers FTY is huge and it's only August 1. Great work, my friend!

Thank you Todd! I had to work hard for this last shiny, we hunted about 5 hours in the heat, and that silver came out in the last 20 minutes or so. I did "notice" many attractive females out in Missoula, hazardous duty again!:lol:

Way to go! A silver coin hunter does not get to 150 by staying home on a lot of days that are too hot, too cold, too windy, etc. You've been earning a lot of nice digs this year. Keep it up!

Way to go! A silver coin hunter does not get to 150 by staying home on a lot of days that are too hot, too cold, too windy, etc. You've been earning a lot of nice digs this year. Keep it up!

Thanks Foragist! For sure, the last few hunts have been in 90+ temps with not a whole lot of silvers.

150 is impressive, BIG congrats!

Thank you JimR!

great pix as usual !

Thank you Tom, and glad you like the layout, will keep them coming!

WOW 150 silver coins plus a bunch of sterling. A major attaboy to you LTS. Thats quite an accomplishment, especially these days. Good luck and now on to 200. Mark

WOW 150 silver coins plus a bunch of sterling. A major attaboy to you LTS. Thats quite an accomplishment, especially these days. Good luck and now on to 200. Mark

Thank you Mark! Folks are still pretty friendly here in Montana, though I have noticed a few changes for the worse. Door knocks still get answered by the homeowner, and I keep a respectful distance back from the front door when I ask to check the front yard.

Definitely a great year your putting together, congrats on 150!

Thank you cellrdwellr!

Big congrats on the 150th silver for the year David. The way you were finding them during our visit, I thought you were going to get there even sooner. Still can't stop talking about our experience in Missoula (people love the Morgan). Hope you get to 200 by the end of the year.

Big congrats on the 150th silver for the year David. The way you were finding them during our visit, I thought you were going to get there even sooner. Still can't stop talking about our experience in Missoula (people love the Morgan). Hope you get to 200 by the end of the year.

Thanks Gale! I've been playing more tennis and doing business around the home but hope to keep detecting and finding more silvers this summer and fall.

Very impressive numbers in this day and age, congrats!

Thanks amc rulz! Those silvers can be hard to find, though I see a couple of threads on the Forum with double digit silver finds in one day!

Back
Top Bottom