Finally found one today!

Foragist

Forum Supporter
A 3 Merry Widows tin! Right in front of a church, no less. :?: Then came the real "finally found one" dig; a Franklin Half Dollar! :egyptian:
Everything was ringing up high today, and this coin gave a solid 39 on the Equinox. I was getting tired of digging 5 inch deep Memorial pennies that sounded like silver dimes, but after the big Ben, I had renewed energy. I needed it too. It was getting really sweaty out there...:no: Later, I pulled a Merc, a toy soldier(needing repair now), and a copper ring. Silver coin count is at 29 FTY now...

Attachments

• DSCN3100.jpg
    DSCN3100.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 441
  • DSCN3108.jpg
    DSCN3108.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 415
  • DSCN3106.jpg
    DSCN3106.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 413
  • DSCN3109.jpg
    DSCN3109.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 431
Sweet finds. I love that feeling of seeing a big shiny silver in the hole.
Keep at it

Nice hunt...congrats!
Thank you. A good hunt always makes my day!

Congrats on the big Ben! I finally found my first earlier this year as well. Good luck out there!
Thanks. Every time I read a post of some lucky dog finding their first Big Ben half, it revived my hope to experience that myself someday. Now I'm that guy! :lol:

Congrats on both silvers, but especially the big one!
Thank you. I certainly enjoyed finding both...but especially the big one!

Sweet finds. I love that feeling of seeing a big shiny silver in the hole.
Keep at it
You know it! I saw your big silver post too. Very nice!

Congrats! Looks like a good day to me!
Thank you. A good day indeed. I even took a swim after detecting for hours on this hot and humid day. Man, did that feel good!

Nice haul, brother! Keep beeping!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Congrats on Big Ben! I’m still looking for my first half, I also found my first 3 Merry Widows tin a couple of weeks ago, I’d much rather have the half dollar! :lol:

A couple of nice finally firsts Blaise. The Franklin Half was the last half of the Seated, Barber, Walker and Kennedy set for me to find. Still remember each one of those events. Strange as my first 3 Merry Widows Tin was also from a church site. Big congrats on your firsts. Trapper

Nice haul, brother! Keep beeping!
Thanks man. I sure will...

That is awesome, congrats on your first! I seem to find walkers way more. Don't know why Franklin's are less common that walkers.
Thank you! Any silver half dollar coin is an awesome dig! It took several years to finally dig one, but last year I pulled 2 walkers and a Barber half. This year I got a 40% Kennedy and this Franklin...so far...

Congrats on Big Ben! I’m still looking for my first half, I also found my first 3 Merry Widows tin a couple of weeks ago, I’d much rather have the half dollar! :lol:
Haha! No-brainer choice there! Thanks, and hope you pull a big silver soon!

Nice finds......Can't beat a multiple silver day.
Love a multisilver hunt! Thank you.

A couple of nice finally firsts Blaise. The Franklin Half was the last half of the Seated, Barber, Walker and Kennedy set for me to find. Still remember each one of those events. Strange as my first 3 Merry Widows Tin was also from a church site. Big congrats on your firsts. Trapper
Thanks Traps. Maybe those tins were being ditched before going into the church? Wouldn't want that to fall out of your pocket at collection plate time.

Back
Top Bottom