KT keeps busy with a varied batch purchase of US silver coins

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
OK all of KT's kind followers....many of you know my fleamarket coin dealer is closed for the winter, so KT seeks out silver coins wherever He can during this season.

This batch of coins includes some interesting coins...a couple of Barber halves, barber quarters, a standing lib quarter, a nice lot of Washington silver quarters, and 6 silver Rosies. Perhaps KT paid a bit over premium melt value, but several of the early dates are O mint, and a couple are S mints. KT really likes them!

Anyway, His Majesty has no excuses for the slightly out of focus images...darned camera is finicky, takes excellent images most of the time, but for some reason, it just did not want to focus sharply on these coins. Some dates are legible, if you squint! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Anyway, enjoy!

Attachments

• Not CRH 12 06 2019 2 Barber halves.jpg
    Not CRH 12 06 2019 2 Barber halves.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Not CRH 12 06 2019 3 Barber qtrs.jpg
    Not CRH 12 06 2019 3 Barber qtrs.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 124
  • Not CRH 12 06 2019 1 Standing Lib qtr.JPG
    Not CRH 12 06 2019 1 Standing Lib qtr.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 112
  • Not CRH 12 06 2019 6 Washington qtrs.jpg
    Not CRH 12 06 2019 6 Washington qtrs.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 117
  • Not CRH 12 06 2019 6 Ag Rosies.jpg
    Not CRH 12 06 2019 6 Ag Rosies.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 116
…….and the Royal Treasury just keeps getting bigger and bigger .:kingdances::run1::money::money::gettinmoney:

The Royal Poet has gotten a few nice coins at bargain prices also .Some that I would probably never get from the dirt in two lifetimes . Not that there is anything wrong with that . :lol: I recently picked up an incredibly nice Large Cent for Twenty bucks . Must be something wrong with me , who in their right mind would pay that much for a penny ? :shrug::jester:

…….and the Royal Treasury just keeps getting bigger and bigger .:kingdances::run1::money::money::gettinmoney:

The Royal Poet has gotten a few nice coins at bargain prices also .Some that I would probably never get from the dirt in two lifetimes . Not that there is anything wrong with that . :lol: I recently picked up an incredibly nice Large Cent for Twenty bucks . Must be something wrong with me , who in their right mind would pay that much for a penny ? :shrug::jester:

KT would if He liked it! Congrats for getting a goodie! :dingding:

Congrats !!!! :thumbsup:

…...could you have imagined when you were a kid that one day you'd pay $20 for a penny ? :?: :laughing:

Glad you enjoyed it KT !!!!

Maybe the comic section in the newspaper should start a daily comic called something like "KT's Silver" :laughing:

GLK, your $20 penny reminded KT of an incident when He was a young Kinglet! KT's Father had a good friend who owned the local coin shop in Hot Springs, Arkansas, KT's hometown. KT had a summer job at his coin shop in the late 1950s. Near the end of the summer young KT purchased a 1950D unc nickel for $10. KT was super proud of that rare date! When KT's father heard that, he complained to my Royal Mother...how could he waste his money like that? But Mom would hear none of it...told Father to mind his own business, as young KT could have taken it and wasted it shooting a game of pool! :lol::lol: Later when KT was in college, His father told Him, I set back a roll of buffalo nickels fresh at the bank, the last year of mintage, and a first year roll of Jeffersons. Take them to the coin shop and sell them for me. When KT came back with $80 cash for his $4 investment, he said...if I had only done that for every year and every coin denomination, I would be rich now! He worked for the bank from 1923 through 1948.

GLK, your $20 penny reminded KT of an incident when He was a young Kinglet! KT's Father had a good friend who owned the local coin shop in Hot Springs, Arkansas, KT's hometown. KT had a summer job at his coin shop in the late 1950s. Near the end of the summer young KT purchased a 1950D unc nickel for $10. KT was super proud of that rare date! When KT's father heard that, he complained to my Royal Mother...how could he waste his money like that? But Mom would hear none of it...told Father to mind his own business, as young KT could have taken it and wasted it shooting a game of pool! :lol::lol: Later when KT was in college, His father told Him, I set back a roll of buffalo nickels fresh at the bank, the last year of mintage, and a first year roll of Jeffersons. Take them to the coin shop and sell them for me. When KT came back with $80 cash for his $4 investment, he said...if I had only done that for every year and every coin denomination, I would be rich now! He worked for the bank from 1923 through 1948.

Neat story KT !!!!! (that penny was what "Soil Surgeon" mentioned though)

Yep, if I had known some things would be worth so much today I'd likely have not only saved some old coins back then in mint condition, but also a lot of comic books and baseball cards from way back then too :lol:

Neat story KT !!!!!

Yep, if I had known some things would be worth so much today I'd likely have not only saved some old coins back then in mint condition, but also a lot of comic books and baseball cards from way back then too :lol:

When KT completed college and came back home to get his collections...comics, marbles, and first editions magazines, He discovered the Royal Mother tossed them! So KT knows whence ye cometh, GKL! Oh, Brother! :laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom