• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Not done yet! 4 more silver!

detectorben

Elite Member
Any day could be our last here in Nebraska/Iowa and if today was my last hunt I am more than happy with results! It was just nice to be out in December with warm weather and a good hunting partner. Found 4 more silver dimes and a sterling pendant that was cut in half. Pastor Bob and I hit one of our favorite small town parks along with a new spot Bob found. Bob had a great day as well check out his post for finds. I am now at 49 silvers FTY. I really hope to get out again to find #50!
d6d7e595b63ce1a93600b81b32619d38.jpg
2735c16d888160f4798ef7d74dddfb13.jpg
1f5d888e032d2494db026df47ed69d8f.jpg
986e286e294eb223a71059d566471884.jpg
9ebc83c1d24c1e4fb0ecce92ab38dc43.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice bunch of finds. Congrats. GL on weather so you can get #50!

Not bad Ben, for a Nebraska December! Actually, that's GREAT for December in Nebraska. Looks like a good spot you have. Merc dimes are one of my favorites. Now, take out the batteries, wipe the mud off and start planning for an even better 2020.

Last edited:
Ben, glad to see you made it out again, Day by day for us here as well. Sweet silver score, 5 shiny in one hunt is a great day. Hope you hit 50 before the ground locks up. Good luck, Mark

Nice old , beautiful silver there Ben ! The ladies said " no men allowed " and Mr. Roosevelt was kept out ! He may be allowed to creep in if he's number 50 , right Ben ?
Best of luck to you on achieving your goal .

Nice bunch of finds. Congrats. GL on weather so you can get #50!
Thanks!!
Not bad Ben, for a Nebraska December! Actually, that's GREAT for December in Nebraska. Looks like a good spot you have. Merc dimes are one of my favorites. Now, take out the batteries, wipe the mud off and start planning for an even better 2020.
Thanks! I'm holding out hope I get one more outing!
Ben, glad to see you made it out again, Day by day for us here as well. Sweet silver score, 5 shiny in one hunt is a great day. Hope you hit 50 before the ground locks up. Good luck, Mark
Thanks Mark! Hope weather holds out for you too.
Nice late haul. The silver chunk looks like part of a Sterling medical or identification bracelet.
Thanks! Yeah I wasn't sure about the cut silver piece that very well could be. I looked all around this area for the other half but no luck.
Nice old , beautiful silver there Ben ! The ladies said " no men allowed " and Mr. Roosevelt was kept out ! He may be allowed to creep in if he's number 50 , right Ben ?
Best of luck to you on achieving your goal .
Haha for sure! I will take any silver coin at this point.
Nice finds, love the old silvers, congrats to you both! Hope you nail Silver #50 soon!
Thanks a lot!
Congrats gotta love silver been a few weeks since I've dug any :(

Mike K "Ohio"
Thanks! Hope you get off the silver slump soon. I know the feeling I have had a few silver slumps this year as well. Hope to finish strong.

Awesome hunt with four silver coins, congrats! I'm sure you'll hit the big five O before year's end.

Some very impressive late season hunting Ben. A lot of guys have already packed it it for the year and then there are a few that put them selves through some hearty trials to seek out just a few more treasures. Congrats on the Barber, the 3 Merc's along with the Wheat's on a late season outing. Hope your opportunity stays available for you a bit longer. It truly looks like after this weekend Wisconsin ground will be locked up until Spring thaw with temps only reaching the low to mid twenty's for the highs in the coming future. Trapper

Awesome hunt with four silver coins, congrats! I'm sure you'll hit the big five O before year's end.
Thanks!!
Some very impressive late season hunting Ben. A lot of guys have already packed it it for the year and then there are a few that put them selves through some hearty trials to seek out just a few more treasures. Congrats on the Barber, the 3 Merc's along with the Wheat's on a late season outing. Hope your opportunity stays available for you a bit longer. It truly looks like after this weekend Wisconsin ground will be locked up until Spring thaw with temps only reaching the low to mid twenty's for the highs in the coming future. Trapper
Thanks Trapper. Unfortunately I think you are correct. Weather looks terrible next week. I will be back in the area in the next couple years I'm sure so I will keep in touch.
Congrats, Ben! Those silvers look to be in nice shape. :yes:
Thanks! Yes they are all fairly early drops I think.

Back
Top Bottom