Can't get the lead out

Tin Man

Hi All,

New to the forum, and relatively new to the AT Pro. The machine and I are getting to know each other, and operator malfunction is always a possibility. I have had modestly good luck with it across the spectrum of metals. HOWEVER, it does not seem to consistently detect lead. i.e. I can ground drop a .58 three ring and the detector with scan right over it and yet ping clearly on the penny next to the bullet. I have varied settings and modes (and even freq). What am I doing wrong?

Hi All,

New to the forum, and relatively new to the AT Pro. The machine and I are getting to know each other, and operator malfunction is always a possibility. I have had modestly good luck with it across the spectrum of metals. HOWEVER, it does not seem to consistently detect lead. i.e. I can ground drop a .58 three ring and the detector with scan right over it and yet ping clearly on the penny next to the bullet. I have varied settings and modes (and even freq). What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like the different objects close to each other are causing the detector to report differently like iron masking does.
You could try swinging in a smaller space(wiggle)
I mean also swing slower too can help pinpoint things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom