• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Crash course needed

Silver Strike

Forum Supporter
When I left the detector world a few years ago, the etrac and "new" ctx 3030 were the top dogs with xp dues being the new kid. Now it's all about this 'nox 800 and this new company nokta makro? What's up with that nokta stuff? And is the 800 really better than an etrac or 3030? Is xp deus even a thing anymore? Whites out of business? Geez a lot happens in 5 years! Get me up to speed here 😁Thanks, Jason

When I left the detector world a few years ago, the etrac and "new" ctx 3030 were the top dogs with xp dues being the new kid. Now it's all about this 'nox 800 and this new company nokta makro? What's up with that nokta stuff? And is the 800 really better than an etrac or 3030? Is xp deus even a thing anymore? Whites out of business? Geez a lot happens in 5 years! Get me up to speed here 😁Thanks, Jason

Tesoro is gone too.

I came from using ctx and etrac to exclusively using the nox 800. It is lighter and faster than both those machines and easier to use. Just as deep also. Won't ID coins as well as FBS machines. Overall the nox is a better machine and more fun to use in my opinion. I sold my ctx and etrac shortly after my first hunt with the Equinox 3 years ago and I never looked back. Welcome back!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

There is no best detector IMHO. Only what’s best for you. I own or have owned all of the ones you mentioned but the CTX is my weapon of choice for the type of hunting I do. Plenty of others like the Nox or Deus better. Just personal preference really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy them all and find out the real deal.

Five years ago Deus was no newbie.
There is loads posted about it on the forums.

So sounds like your getting back in.

Buy them all and find out the real deal.

Five years ago Deus was no newbie.
There is loads posted about it on the forums.

So sounds like your getting back in.

Yeah, the bug bit me again. Cant wait to go get some old coppers and some silver. The M6 is ready and waiting. Now if I could only get the wife on board with the 800 :yes: And 5-7 years ago. I have no concept of past time, ask my wife :laughing:

Yeah, the bug bit me again. Cant wait to go get some old coppers and some silver. The M6 is ready and waiting. Now if I could only get the wife on board with the 800 :yes: And 5-7 years ago. I have no concept of past time, ask my wife :laughing:

Sounds like you need to be getting that honey do list done.
Might help.

Back
Top Bottom