Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Owl Engineering
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 06-27-2022, 02:22 PM
Banned

Location: Like I would tell you, so you can find the 500 million in Gold before I do!

Originally Posted by longbow62 View post
The 40 million was across the whole company. Looks like they were shooting for half billion in sales this year company wide.

Bottom line is a company is going to make a profit or they won't won't stay in business. Minelab has way more resources than anybody else from what I've seen. They are a big player in gold detection. counter-mine detection, and recreational detectors. They sell plenty of detectors to stay viable. 3 buddies and including myself= 10 Minelab detectors purchased in a small area of N.E. Arkansas. There is a officer in town that stopped and talked to me. He said he had an Equinox. I went to a golf course refurb in Memphis 4 etracs there and 2 Equinoxes, and we were there at the tail end of it.
I still wonder what percentage is commercial/military.

It takes a lot of units produced to make $ on the consumer market. On the other hand, if you are the only one making the product, selling it to a government, thats a lot more profitable, plus they always order 10X handles at inflated prices, etc.

I wonder what company makes mine detectors for China.

Members of Friendly Metal Detecting Forums have rated post 3403513 as the most helpful. Skip right to it!
Old 06-27-2022, 02:37 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by ManInTheWaLL View post
I still wonder what percentage is commercial/military.

It takes a lot of units produced to make $ on the consumer market. On the other hand, if you are the only one making the product, selling it to a government, thats a lot more profitable, plus they always order 10X handles at inflated prices, etc.

I wonder what company makes mine detectors for China.
You do a lot of wondering.......

Try doing some research instead of dumping a lot of stuff in this forum. The answers are available.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-27-2022, 02:47 PM
Banned

Location: Like I would tell you, so you can find the 500 million in Gold before I do!

Originally Posted by jmaclen View post
You do a lot of wondering.......

Try doing some research instead of dumping a lot of stuff in this forum. The answers are available.
I see, so... we should not ask any questions?

Your cheap Ad Hom attack is noted!

Old 06-27-2022, 03:44 PM
Supporter

I see jamaclein has found him a new buddy.
Thatís good.

USAF veteran with over 22 years active service

Old 06-27-2022, 03:59 PM
Elite Member

Africa and Australia are probably the 2 biggest markets for Minelab's gold nugget machines, top of the line machines.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-27-2022, 04:21 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post
I see jamaclein has found him a new buddy.
Thatís good.
Just never know who or what will get posted on this fine forum.

Thought I was on your permanent ignore listÖ.like MITW is on mine.

Love the Deus 2, Legend and the Equinox btw all for different reasons/weaknesses.

Old 07-07-2022, 03:15 PM
Elite Member

I would bet that the security sector is a huge part of their business and probably more profitable. Think walk throughs and security wands.