• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

24k jade

Steve

Forum Supporter
20181110_175450_resized.jpgHit 1 of my old hidden spots. Using a tdi I just dig anything deeper than a nox or ctx can hit as this spot is hammered to death now too. Will I be able to walk tomorrow? Probably not.
Hit the jade/24k pendant and started to look for the necklace it was attached to at some point. Digging any sound in the area. Soon found out how it was lost.. found the clasp for it. Necklace must still be on the ladies neck:laughing:

Attachments

• 20181110_175509_resized.jpg
    20181110_175509_resized.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,217
Sweet! Almost unbelievable your rig could hit that broke open bale! .28gr...tiny little thing...Impressive! Well, good to see some 24K out of you again!

Sweet! Almost unbelievable your rig could hit that broke open bale! .28gr...tiny little thing...Impressive! Well, good to see some 24K out of you again!

Thanks mud. Actually thought it was a necklace until I picked it up. Gave crackly type of signal like a necklace.

That's really really cool!!! How about a close up of the pendant so I can drool even more.

BCD

Nephrite jade. Retail has a killer price. 2nd hand not so much :grin:

Attachments

• 20181110_211057_resized.jpg
    20181110_211057_resized.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,159
  • 20181110_211150_resized.jpg
    20181110_211150_resized.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,154
  • 20181110_211106_resized.jpg
    20181110_211106_resized.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,167
Beautiful piece of jade-gold. That's a keeper!

R5

Finding the clasp is impressive...

Someone else actually using a TDI, the red-headed stepchild of detectors... But with a little tinkering...

Am tempted to post some finds... Especially since the "mystery manta" is "a step up"...

~SSC

Finding the clasp is impressive...

Someone else actually using a TDI, the red-headed stepchild of detectors... But with a little tinkering...

Am tempted to post some finds... Especially since the "mystery manta" is "a step up"...

~SSC
I only have 2 issues with the tdi. Targets on side can give a wanky signal so that I'm chasing around for it. Deep deep iron sounding like a target worth digging (24k). For some reason I dont think the manta will solve this

Nice save Steve! I've been trying for those same deep targets with the EX as it's been pretty bleak here this season,,, watching the "mystery manta" vs TDI vs Horizon debates closely.

Found a small piece (10 oz) of what I believe to be green nephrite Jade while detecting (A glacial erratic with a SG of 2.99). I've been reluctant to cut it for final ID as it seems like a perfect piece for carving, shaped a lot like a sitting budda. Your advice would be most welcome, and BTW, that M9 scoop rocks! It's become an extension of my arm and it's the only one I use now regardless of where I'm digging.

Nice save Steve! I've been trying for those same deep targets with the EX as it's been pretty bleak here this season,,, watching the "mystery manta" vs TDI vs Horizon debates closely.

Found a small piece (10 oz) of what I believe to be green nephrite Jade while detecting (A glacial erratic with a SG of 2.99). I've been reluctant to cut it for final ID as it seems like a perfect piece for carving, shaped a lot like a sitting budda. Your advice would be most welcome, and BTW, that M9 scoop rocks! It's become an extension of my arm and it's the only one I use now regardless of where I'm digging.
Imperial, glassy/ice, some apple jade. Almost all the other jade are valuable in the store.. but like diamonds they lose 75% value once they leave the store. Alaskan jade isnt highly sought after in Asia.
If it is good jade rectangle pendants wrapped in gold designs can catch a bid.
I'm using a knock off beach sand scoop from ebay these days. I just put my TDI, beach sand scoop, Cf travel storage shaft all into my backpack.. Assemble everything on the beach.

Attachments

• 20181110_113811_resized_1.jpg
    20181110_113811_resized_1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,011
Back
Top Bottom