Myrtle Beach paid off.

WildDigger

Elite Member
Glamping at Pirateland RV resort in Myrtle Beach South Carolina and detecting some. The beach has been unproductive but finally on today's hunt it gave up the treasure. 1 man's 10k gold wedding ring in the tide line. 1st gold of the year for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20210603_140051_549.jpg
    IMG_20210603_140051_549.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 977
  • IMG_20210603_140051_611.jpg
    IMG_20210603_140051_611.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 940
  • IMG_20210603_140051_644.jpg
    IMG_20210603_140051_644.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 946
  • IMG_20210603_140051_689.jpg
    IMG_20210603_140051_689.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 939
Beautiful picture. Luv that pose in the sand. That's a "come to papa" moment.

Nice score! I think there was a thread about no metal shovels there, did you run into any ruler measuring cops? :lol:

Josh

:dingding: Nice looking ring! AND IT FITS!!! :yes:

Only one thing better than finding a gold ring.....finding a gold ring that fits !! Congrats 👍👍

I reads an article about the "law" that the city counsil passed and is specifically stated that metal detecting is allowed.

I reads an article about the "law" that the city counsil passed and is specifically stated that metal detecting is allowed.

Oh, sure. It was never disallowed in the first place. Right ? The issue was never "metal detecting". The issue was "pits" (holes deeper than 2 ft) and (gasp) metal shovels. And then a few md'rs here fretted themselves silly that a "scoop" might be construed as a "shovel".

Someone went and asked, and found someone to tell them that if it's metal, and it serves the purpose of digging, that it qualifies as a shovel. Oh joy of joys :roll:

CLEARLY this person was a victim of "no one cared UNTIL you asked".

And now you're saying that apparently someone went seeking clarification, and now, ... presto .... detecting has to be specifically allowed ? Well gee, I guess that was better than someone there saying "No md'ing" to this "pressing question". But I don't know why md'rs have to perpetually be swatting hornet's nests like that. I highly doubt that anyone ever gave 2 sh#ts about the distinction of a scoop vs a shovel. Nor do md'rs dig over 2 ft. So why all the fuss ? Why do we think we need "express allowances" ? :?:

nothing quite like the glint of a nice big gold men's ring. That looks to be about $175 in gold! Very nice!

Oh, sure. It was never disallowed in the first place. Right ? The issue was never "metal detecting". The issue was "pits" (holes deeper than 2 ft) and (gasp) metal shovels. And then a few md'rs here fretted themselves silly that a "scoop" might be construed as a "shovel".

Someone went and asked, and found someone to tell them that if it's metal, and it serves the purpose of digging, that it qualifies as a shovel. Oh joy of joys :roll:

CLEARLY this person was a victim of "no one cared UNTIL you asked".

And now you're saying that apparently someone went seeking clarification, and now, ... presto .... detecting has to be specifically allowed ? Well gee, I guess that was better than someone there saying "No md'ing" to this "pressing question". But I don't know why md'rs have to perpetually be swatting hornet's nests like that. I highly doubt that anyone ever gave 2 sh#ts about the distinction of a scoop vs a shovel. Nor do md'rs dig over 2 ft. So why all the fuss ? Why do we think we need "express allowances" ? :?:

Nah, it's probably not that, at all, Tom. Our City passed an ordinance specifically NOTING that it was allowed, because people were trying to harass metal detectorists. We've got a great relationship with the city, and they know we keep the parks cleaner from trash pickups. They passed the ordinance not to "allow it" but to make sure the public KNEW it was allowed.

Because the way Laws, Statutes, and ordinances work, we don't need them to "allow" us to do things. They only prohibit. But occasionally, one is passed simply to declare publicly that it's ok!

I love it when City Councils do that. Simplifies things, and totally enables the PO PO to tell people to mind their own business, when they call in. Without such an ordinance, most of the time the city has to send an officer out to investigate if there IS a problem (such as holes, damage, etc., even though MDing isn't illegal). By passing the ordinance, they no longer have to do that! Brilliant!

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom