cache hunting with DFX?

dfxjedi

Is The Whites DFX any good for searching for caches :?: I have a DFX and couldn't be happier with it and would like to try cache hunting and I don't want to buy annother detector to do it.
Let me know what you guys (and gals) think of using this detector for cache hunting.
I live in an area that was founded in the mid 1800's and i've heard that some people around the area buried a couple caches a long time ago,I'd love to try to find them.
Thanks,
dfxjedi 8)

should pick up a cache of coins easily if the owner didnt bury with a backhoe. most were buried just deep enough to retrieve easily. Remember detectors werent available back then and of course neither were backhoes :lol:

Get the 1400 DD coil and have at it. Research is what you really need to do first however. This can narrow down your search area and time also. You may luck upon one but with the knowledge of how caches may have been buried and where , you'll have an advantage that just using the detector won't give you. :yes:

Where would I do some research on caches around here,just walk in the library and ask for information on cashes buried around here a while ago :lol:.

Good Point ! But yes ; the library has so many leads you could never find them all. Many caches have been found through research of reading old newspaper articles. Talk to some of the old timers in town. Go to the historical society and ask questions there. The caches are not going to jump out at you for sure but you can certainly narrow down your search through the research you do. :yes:

If it were me, I would go get a haircut. Find a local barber shop that the older group of men go to a lot. You would be amazed at what some of those older guys know, and can tell you. Once they get started on a subject like that, they will unload a lot of info for you. The library is a good place to start also. And if you have a local historical society, talk to someone there as well.

Back
Top Bottom