• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Holes (the movie)

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
Movie on the Disney Channel now.

Why didn't they just get a metal detector? For anyone not familiar with the premise - kids sent to a prison camp to dig holes - real motive is the evil warden looking for buried loot. So the warden couldn't just use some metal detectors? Talk about a plot 'hole' :?:

beerdoodle said:
paper money wrapped in burlap perhaps :P
Treasure chest with a nice big padlock and some golden artifacts inside. Oh what a cache to find. All I could think is "get a metal detector you idiot" :lol:

It was about five to six foot down wasn't it? We got machines that'll find that? Not the ACE- :o(

TC said:
It was about five to six foot down wasn't it? We got machines that'll find that? Not the ACE- :o(
The holes they were digging about 6 feet, but it was to the side of it, about 2' max. With loot valued in the millions me thinks one of the pricier ones would have worked out in the end :P

mc: Still can't connect with the link you provided. Try again?

All-in-all, Holes is a pretty impressive movie (good plot and direction... and not for just the treasure-hunting aspect of it, of course).
I especially like the fact that Sigourney Weaver (Alien) and John Voight (Midnight Cowboy) accepted their parts in it. Loved 'em both ever since those two "debut" (well, roughly) movies came out.

Great movie. Would have been a heck of a lot easier with a ground imager system though. But then I guess the movie wouldn't be what is now would it?

The link to those sacrificed towns is crazy. I had no idea. Just imagine all the stuff down there.

I would think a 2 box setup would detect a chest that big full of gold at 5 to 6 feet without much trouble.

As for the movie, I liked it a lot, holes in the plot or not. Also liked "National Treasure" with Nicholas Cage, except the scene in the begining when the were detecting, with Bounty Hunters! "The Deep", although older, is another of my favorite treasure flicks.

The amount of stuff has to be in the tons, been up around that Sullivan and Putnam county water shed area its huge and much bigger up state.

as far as treasure movies go you cant beat goonies. liked sahara even though it was far fetched but hey what treasure movie isnt. national treasure was good too.

Absolutely agree on that, Korban. "Goonies" was a really good family classic! Nice to see them "puppies" doin' thier thing even tho' it was mostly in Hollywood sets.
Can you imagine tiein' your pant cuffs... jus' so you can fill 'em with gold coins...? Uofff!

Back
Top Bottom