Why hello silver

StratTone

Elite Member
Had a quick lunch hunt at a park today and saw a house next to it boarded up so I figured I'd go over and swing a little there. Found my biggest silver ring to date. Anybody familiar with these Air Force Rings and how old they might be?

Attachments

• ejjXJZs.jpg
    ejjXJZs.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 561
  • DEnsE9k.jpg
    DEnsE9k.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 526
  • sxxcNjK.jpg
    sxxcNjK.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 510
The US Air Force was split from the Army (Army Air Corp) on 18 September 1947.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Air_Force

So ring is post 1947.

The symbol under the eagle looks like a propeller with wings. Probably indicating the owner was an Aviation Machinist.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=us+air+force+ring
There are hundreds on Ebay so maybe you can find a match to this one.
It does look older than the few I saw with a quick search.

Any marks inside?
Neat find.

I am sure that that made a great conversational piece when you got back from lunch.:thumbsup:

I bought one similar to that in 1965 or so. I got it in the PX at Vandenburg AFB. I bought it so my girlfriend would have my ring to wear. The back was hollow but it was silver. I have no idea what ever happened to that ring. It cost about $12 or so back then. I got the money from bagging groceries at the base commissary. If I worked 9 or 10 hours on a Saturday I could make about $20. That was more than my father made as a master sergeant per day take home.

I bought one similar to that in 1965 or so. I got it in the PX at Vandenburg AFB. I bought it so my girlfriend would have my ring to wear. The back was hollow but it was silver. I have no idea what ever happened to that ring. It cost about $12 or so back then. I got the money from bagging groceries at the base commissary. If I worked 9 or 10 hours on a Saturday I could make about $20. That was more than my father made as a master sergeant per day take home.

I liked your testimony here to what kind of effort/value it took to buy that ring back in the day...Beauty Ring find StratTone! That was at least a days pay there for somebody...

Back
Top Bottom