• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Deus in my soil.

ghound

Elite Member
It's a bit rushed but it gives you an idea of my soil.
The coin is solid Victorian silver, 19mm diameter, depth between 6.5"-7". This coin air tests easy 12".
My phone died, so i'll give it another bash when it charges, but i could get a hit on the coin in one direction, and a bit better at reactivity 2.
I did try goldfield and with iron rejection on 5 it sounded good.
Any suggestions on settings and i'll give it a go.

https://youtu.be/2DcSQ5T8hbo

Last edited:
Honestly the coil might be the problem ,my 11 in my garden where emi is doesn't have near the depth as the nine. I can hit coins out there way BETTER with the nine my 11 acts like yours in my garden. that's why all my test videos are with the nine.

I wonder why that is, i've little emi as i live out in the county.
I've just been walked around the coin again in pitch, full tones and goldfield, you just got to see the results!
I'll upload soon..

Honestly the coil might be the problem ,my 11 in my garden where emi is doesn't have near the depth as the nine. I can hit coins out there way BETTER with the nine my 11 acts like yours in my garden. that's why all my test videos are with the nine.

I wonder why that is, i've little emi as i live out in the county.
I've just been walked around the coin again in pitch, full tones and goldfield, you just got to see the results!
I'll upload soon..

Get the Deus off of 99 sens.
Try 90-93.

11" coil more lively vs 9" coil.

I will experiment a bit more with sens Tnss.
Here's the same coin, 3 programs, 1st pitch then full tones with the same settings and then goldfield.
I used the same settings for pitch and full tones, there probably not optimized but you get the idea, sens 99, reactivity 2, tx 2, silencer -1.
Goldfield is set to stutter on the 2 nails sitting ontop of the wooden board, think i will keep playing with goldfield and see how it works on lower conductor coins, it looks promising!

https://youtu.be/9aZ4aT1GRRM

I will experiment a bit more with sens Tnss.
Here's the same coin, 3 programs, 1st pitch then full tones with the same settings and then goldfield.
I used the same settings for pitch and full tones, there probably not optimized but you get the idea, sens 99, reactivity 2, tx 2, silencer -1.
Goldfield is set to stutter on the 2 nails sitting ontop of the wooden board, think i will keep playing with goldfield and see how it works on lower conductor coins, it looks promising!

https://youtu.be/9aZ4aT1GRRM

Ghound, you see so far what you have have talked about, and showed video wise.
I have a question for you, regarding Rutus.

Remember I said I had never had a Deus in indicated soil, mineral strength wise like you soil is.

How did the Rutus do here and compare?
And could you share some of your settings please where you saw the best depth with reasonable coil swing speed.

I do have this one area I frequent that is pretty high mineral wise, might give the Rutus a run there.
And someone may ask me later on sometime about Rutus.
You might help me, help them.

very interesting! that gold field is. How is the deus on depth in your soil compared to the rutus? ghound you are in the U.K correct? I thought you guys had good ground over there?

It's a bit rushed but it gives you an idea of my soil.
The coin is solid Victorian silver, 19mm diameter, depth between 6.5"-7". This coin air tests easy 12".
My phone died, so i'll give it another bash when it charges, but i could get a hit on the coin in one direction, and a bit better at reactivity 2.
I did try goldfield and with iron rejection on 5 it sounded good.
Any suggestions on settings and i'll give it a go.

https://youtu.be/2DcSQ5T8hbo

I must have a really hot Deus or really mild soil( never seen any bars on my mineralization scale and ground usually reads around 80-85). I could hit that coin at 10" easy with sensitivity only at 90.

Would love to see Ghound with a TDI pro (not TDI Sl) doing some depth test where he lives.

USING Ground balance manipulation.
8" deep dime might just go bang!! Even deeper.
And a nail won't go bang.
And a tab won't either.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d4dm-O4YrNU

Also would like to see Deeptech warrior in that soil too.

Last edited:
I found the Rutus just that bit sharper on low conductors, and the Deus slightly deeper/better on high conductors when running 18khz.
Rutus had the edge on aquiring/alerting a target, better ID, Rutus runs a lot quieter and with a slow sweep between iron you had time to separate targets surgically, Deus needs a slower sweep in my soil also but it's not as forgiving if you get it wrong, there both are super in iron.
In most other respects there very equal, and i'd guess in somone elses soil and differing targets folks would find them completely different machines.

Ghound, you see so far what you have have talked about, and showed video wise.
I have a question for you, regarding Rutus.

Remember I said I had never had a Deus in indicated soil, mineral strength wise like you soil is.

How did the Rutus do here and compare?
And could you share some of your settings please where you saw the best depth with reasonable coil swing speed.

I do have this one area I frequent that is pretty high mineral wise, might give the Rutus a run there.
And someone may ask me later on sometime about Rutus.
You might help me, help them.

I'm in Northern Ireland, Ireland had been ruled by the UK since medieval times, we have the same coins and some others unique to here as well, not sure why the ground is soo tough though.

very interesting! that gold field is. How is the deus on depth in your soil compared to the rutus? ghound you are in the U.K correct? I thought you guys had good ground over there?

Tried another target, it's a silver hammered that i found with the Deus.
I'm in full tones at first then change over to goldfield.
Same hole as before, 6.5"-7" deep, reactivity 2, tx2, 99 sens, silencer -1, full tones.
I'm hitting it from a few angles, perhaps not the most convincing signal but i'd dig it, though out in the field i'd say you'd probably do well to get it at 6" without walking by.
In goldfield i think it would go a couple of inches more, must test it.
Not what some would consider deep, and probably the reason these coins at several hundred years old are hard to find on old pasture, but it is what it is.

https://youtu.be/L7zobEbKQIc

Attachments

• 2017-08-07 19.44.06.jpg
    2017-08-07 19.44.06.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 84
Still trying to get the hang of Goldfield.
This vid is a large copper penny i had buried in my test garden @12", but i had forgotten the exact spot as when it was fresh buried it could be hit, but it disappeared shortly after as the ground dried up.
But it's rained heavy the past week, so i set out to try and find it with Goldfield, it's not in the ground that long, less than a year, and you can see when i dig the hole how soft and wet it is.
The other 2 holes were my first attempt, i knew the smaller hole had iron, i dug it out incase it was tainting the signal for the target in the bigger hole, which turned out to be a medium size piece of iron at 6"-7", my IAR disc was on 3 at the time, so it only discs to certain depth, then your basically in all metal.
On to the main hole in the vid, i turned up the IAR to 5 and was still able to pick up coin, i then switched to full tones and got a scratchy mixed high/low tone, still pretty good considering it was at 12", and if you watch carefully at the beginning you'll see the mineral bar almost full.
It's a tad boring to watch, so you can watch the GB at the start and fast forward to the money shot at the end lol
I'll be out on a hunt tomorrow evening using Goldfield and full tones as the side by side programs so as i can quickly cross reference signals.
Hopefully this info will be of use to those who share the same type ground!

https://youtu.be/gCIYiCLE8v0

Back
Top Bottom