Knee Pads

Kenai

What are your recommendations for the best knee pads? I have never had any but now feel the need for a pair.
The Toughbuilt brand gel pads is one set I have found for about $54.00, what do you think, are there other good ones/better ones out there?

Thanks, Kenai

I can not find a pair that does not blister the back of my knees .. I am using padded knees sleeves atleast saves my pants

What are your recommendations for the best knee pads? I have never had any but now feel the need for a pair.
The Toughbuilt brand gel pads is one set I have found for about $54.00, what do you think, are there other good ones/better ones out there?

Thanks, Kenai

Have a look at the Army issue pads as well...they are available in most Surplus outlets...

That said, I hate these style of knee pads as they always seem to irritate the back of my knees..

I much prefer builders/construction workers trousers which have "pockets" in the knees that take foam knee pads...I use some by Dickies that have these knee pad pockets made of cordura so are really hard wearing....I dislike the flappy "elephant ear" style pockets these trousers tend to come with, so end up removing them, but otherwise I find the trousers excellent for detecting....

Thanks to all. Fullbattery I just ordered the pair you recommend, thanks for the info.

Kenai

The absolute best are made by CROCS, the same people who make the shoes. They are extremely comfortable.

Sadly they are no longer in production but I found them on eBay a lot. They went from $6 a pair to $30 a pair but still worth it.

I use ones that I have found in thrift stores. They usually only cost about three dollars. I think they are made for soccer players. Many are almost new.

Thanks to all. Fullbattery I just ordered the pair you recommend, thanks for the info.

Kenai

You're welcome. I hope you enjoy the pads.

Note how the straps are crossed in the pictures on the Amazon site. That has worked well for me. Also, I wear only one pad. For some reason planting the left knee is most comfortable and I consistently only put that one knee down even when hunting full days.

Back
Top Bottom