Any Deus Lite users out there?

bigtim1973

Elite Member
Looking to see who all uses a Deus lite primarily. I have used the set up very little as I had a complete Deus set up. However I have sold it off and kept my ORX.

I have recently added the WS4 back phones back into my detecting rig and am going to just use it for a bit.

I have noticed in the past that a lot of my favorite finds were made with machines that had no ID screen.

The Lite can ID on the small screen however I am going to keep the puck on the backphones and leave it at that.

I would also think that the Tesoro fans would be very interested in this Deus lite as well. Since it is really a beep and dig of sorts on steroids.

Looking to see who all uses a Deus lite primarily. I have used the set up very little as I had a complete Deus set up. However I have sold it off and kept my ORX.

I have recently added the WS4 back phones back into my detecting rig and am going to just use it for a bit.

I have noticed in the past that a lot of my favorite finds were made with machines that had no ID screen.

The Lite can ID on the small screen however I am going to keep the puck on the backphones and leave it at that.

I would also think that the Tesoro fans would be very interested in this Deus lite as well. Since it is really a beep and dig of sorts on steroids.

Not exactly a beep and dig.
You could run a set of Walkman headphones plugged in and put puck on stem.

I keep a Deus Lite with the 9” HF coil. Like David mentioned, I have the horseshoe shaped audio adapter too so I can use wired headphones when the back phones start to hurt my head (which takes about an hour on my big head) and I have a set of Quest over the ear headphones that accept the WS4 puck for gold prospecting and relic hunting in thick iron trash.

I mostly use my Deus Lite for gold prospecting and for relic hunting using a modified Goldfield program with 1 tone or a modified Pitch program with 2 tones so I am basically digging everything that isn’t obviously ferrous and don’t really need the display. I sometimes switch to a modified 5 tone Fast or full tones Hot program if there isn’t too much iron trash for relic hunting.

Being able to modify and save my favorite programs to my WS4 version 5.21 puck from my Deus remote was great. I sold the remote after I was sure I had everything I wanted.

As I have noted several times before, the single frequency Deus will up average deeper non-ferrous targets a lot in the moderate to highly mineralized areas I usually hunt in so having a display for deeper targets is a little like using a full featured detector that is relegated to 1 tone operation since almost everything except iron becomes a very high tone with target IDs in the upper 80s and 90s past 3”. A single non ferrous tone Tesoro with no display is a good analogy in this case.

I keep a Deus Lite with the 9” HF coil. Like David mentioned, I have the horseshoe shaped audio adapter too so I can use wired headphones when the back phones start to hurt my head (which takes about an hour on my big head) and I have a set of Quest over the ear headphones that accept the WS4 puck for gold prospecting and relic hunting in thick iron trash.

I mostly use my Deus Lite for gold prospecting and for relic hunting using a modified Goldfield program with 1 tone or a modified Pitch program with 2 tones so I am basically digging everything that isn’t obviously ferrous and don’t really need the display. I sometimes switch to a modified 5 tone Fast or full tones Hot program if there isn’t too much iron trash for relic hunting.

Being able to modify and save my favorite programs to my WS4 version 5.21 puck from my Deus remote was great. I sold the remote after I was sure I had everything I wanted.

As I have noted several times before, the single frequency Deus will up average deeper non-ferrous targets a lot in the moderate to highly mineralized areas I usually hunt in so having a display for deeper targets is a little like using a full featured detector that is relegated to 1 tone operation since almost everything except iron becomes a very high tone with target IDs in the upper 80s and 90s past 3”. A single non ferrous tone Tesoro with no display is a good analogy in this case.

Well that is one way to do it.....get all your custom programs set up and let it be that.

My goal is to not stare at the screen. That is kind of my goal with it. And yes I too will be using it for relic hunting for the most part.

Or who knows...maybe using it for everything as well.

But again going to just use the factory present options. Of course I would take and adjust freq and choose maybe a 5 tone option but the limited adjustable options of the ws4 is what I going after.

Thanks for your input

Back
Top Bottom