Equinox Phenomenon

dumbdigger

Elite Member
This is aimed for the experienced Equinox users (you know who you are).

I want you all to try something with your Nox.
Very simple, very easy and very fast experiment.

Please follow the steps very carefully, then post your results.

Step 1. Factory reset your Equinox let turn on, leave it on.

Step 2. Press mode button to PARK 2.

Step 3. Simply wave your BARE hand 1" away from your coil.

Step 4. Check VDI to see what your BARE hand reads.

THAT'S IT!!!!

Please post the VDI results here to share what kind of metals are in your hand.

I have been experimenting with this the last couple of days.

**NOTE** Before you reply without doing this simple experiment first
you may want to give it a try! The results may surprise you!!!

Maybe you've got a bad coil if it reads your hand, it's usually worse if you wet your hand and do the same when the coil is bad.

Normals ops for Eqx to read your hand(blood/what’s in it.).

Be careful waving dirt while holding it to find your find. Especially a real low conductor ( extremely small pewter, gold, etc.)

I didn't do a full factory preset, I just did a preset on park 2. I got a reading of 1 for my hand.

hmmm.. mine might be broken as it doesn't show a VDI but does chirp a bit once in a while.. HOWEVER, when waving it in front of my face then I get a variety of VDIs.. due to the surgical metal in my face ;) I thought it was funny when my Pinpointer would sound off if too close to my face lol.

That is a well-known characteristic of very sensitive VLF detectors. Likely picking up the iron in your red blood cells.

Folks, this is something we've know about for decades, and with some detectors that were far from high-tech, modern, VDI types. Some people can get a reading due to the salt content of your body. Some folks there'll be no response, and those that do get a response will have a very low/weak reading or audio.

It's a combination of the salt content, salt density, combined with the amount of water in your body. Naturally other factors are involved such as using enough Discrimination to reject the very low-conductive wet salts making it impossible to 'detect' that level.

Some of us just happen to have a saltier body chemistry than others, and possibly ought to consider working to trim our salt intake down.

Monte

Folks, this is something we've know about for decades, and with some detectors that were far from high-tech, modern, VDI types. Some people can get a reading due to the salt content of your body. Some folks there'll be no response, and those that do get a response will have a very low/weak reading or audio.

It's a combination of the salt content, salt density, combined with the amount of water in your body. Naturally other factors are involved such as using enough Discrimination to reject the very low-conductive wet salts making it impossible to 'detect' that level.

Some of us just happen to have a saltier body chemistry than others, and possibly ought to consider working to trim our salt intake down.

Monte

I just tried that test on my Etrac, Explorer Pro, and my Whites V3i. None gave any VDI at all.

https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article-abstract/8/6/846/4787315

https://www.mendability.com/articles/our-brain-and-metals/

Video coming here shortly. Eqx 800 sweeping a bag of trace mineral salt you feed livestock. Will be up shortly. Night video actually.

Here’s video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kLLNGFGazmY

Side note here. Last spring I ran my Nox in park 2 in a field that had been fertilized (for hay growth) the day before. Loads of little static hits like rice crispiest under coil. Some areas worse than others. Don’t know how well spread (uniform) the fertilizer was.

So why does park 2 and field 2 give a signal vs the other detect modes tried.
Is it freq driven?
Or actual gain driven??
Or internal detect mode algorithm driven?

I suspect gain driven. Just my opinion though.

You may see me later this week play more with this salt. Pouring it over (on top of ground) buried high conductor and low conductor (smaller) freshly buried and comparing detect modes. As well as scattering somewhat. Providing a video. May get some fertilizer too and try. And see if GB is affected when doing auto GB. And also put a couple single freq detectors over the scenarios and see how they do (maybe differ) from EQX.

Last edited:
So, could having EQX coil too close to one’s feet have negative effects as far as actual detecting?? In park 2.

Wonder how the 15x12 coil does sweeping one’s hand?? Give better signal vs stock coil???

I scanned my feet with my Etrac and all I got was my feet, I need to quit wearin Crocs so much I reckon😊

Yep

Last edited:
I scanned my feet with my Etrac and all I got was my feet, I need to quit wearin Crocs so much I reckon😊

Yep

I love Crocs for around the house but no way I’d ever wear them hunting! And my feet don’t look like that!:lol::lol::lol: If that was your photoshop Norm...nice job!:yes:

EMI always seems to be worse in Park2. That is the only thing I don't like about the Equinox. It's the most EMI sensitive machine I have used. So maybe it is a gain thing with what you are seeing with it so sensitive as to detect body parts.

I love Crocs for around the house but no way I’d ever wear them hunting! And my feet don’t look like that!:lol::lol::lol: If that was your photoshop Norm...nice job!:yes:

People keep sayin "PHOTOSHOP" what is that?? What I really need is some better nail clippers!!:roll:

Photoshop is a store where you can go and buy photos. They have different departments for different subject matters. Almost every mall has one, and they usually have one of those photo booths out front where you can make faces and take a strip of goofy photos.

I think they are a division of K-mart or Sears.

also norm, I think if you use a photoshopped image you have to pay a 30% royalty to GKL.

Photoshop is a store where you can go and buy photos. They have different departments for different subject matters. Almost every mall has one, and they usually have one of those photo booths out front where you can make faces and take a strip of goofy photos.

I think they are a division of K-mart or Sears.

also norm, I think if you use a photoshopped image you have to pay a 30% royalty to GKL.

:lol: I think you’re thinking of something else there Katt....Photoshop is an Adobe program for your computer where you can take any image and alter it...either with a drawing program or combining two or more pictures,etc. Like putting the Hulks head on my body...or vice versa.
Maybe Katt is thinking of Fotomat...

Back
Top Bottom