At pro is not made for water.

CrazyWow

This is the 2nd time it crapped out on me. I put silicone grease on the unit they sent again. I was looking for my coworker wedding band. Sh@t out on me. I would of rather purchased a cheaper unit have I known just dropped $120 on a 5x8 !now what

Have y'all had these problems? Do I need a E600 instead?
I think it's been 2 yrs since I originally had it so idk

Where is yours letting water in at? I have spent days sitting in creeks with my floating next to me without issues. Plenty of YouTubers as well are using them submerged.

Mine has been underwater for years. Same machine since I bought it new in 2012. Each area of the AT Pro is compartmented so a leak in the battery area will not reach the main guts and vice versa. I have never heard of one leaking through a cable lead area, mine never has. I have had a cracked coil and the machine just freaks out making a racket non stop.

So what is yours doing?

2014-8a.jpg

This is the 2nd time it crapped out on me. I put silicone grease on the unit they sent again. I was looking for my coworker wedding band. Sh@t out on me. I would of rather purchased a cheaper unit have I known just dropped $120 on a 5x8 !now what

Atypical. I'm shocked at some YouTube videos where people have AT detectors completely submerged in rushing river water. Tons of pressure. Do you ever keep yours all day and night in a vehicle?

No I don't keep it in the car. I have no problem with their pinpointer. As far as I m concerned the metal detector is trash when it comes to water. My fittings were tight and connected so idk. I am just fed up

At pro quit

Did you put silicone grease on all the O rings. Battery compartment and cables. How about the O ring around the screen, did you go inside the control box and put grease on that one. The O ring around the screen is very tricky getting it back in without doubling it up. Can you see water inside the screen?
My personal experience with silicone grease is that it attracts sand and dirt and I do not use it anymore.
If you cannot see water under the screen I do not think you have a water problem. Pushing the buttons when you have the detector under water will let water in and around the buttons but the inner seal will keep the water out of the control box.

Last edited:
They can leak under the knobs, where every AT detector gathers a whole lotta fine sand. Takin the AT out of a hot car in colder water is enough to cause leaking ...
Postet a few shots of mine a few years back. Having it for weeks in rice, saved the board, but an attempt to waterproof it again failed, so now its a backup for dry beaches ....

Had several AT golds, pros and max', used for hundreds of hours underwater over the years, never a leak, some down to 16ft. Too bad about the bad luck with that one. Kept the battery seals clean and dry, no silicone.

What specific issues are you experiencing? Is it leaking? Falsing? No depth? What kind of water are you in, salt or fresh?

The AT Pro is one of the most rugged land/water machines out there and can take a ridiculous amount of abuse. Mine has gone from warm to frozen back to warm back to frozen dozens of times. Ah well to each their own. :p

2-16-17- (7)rs.jpg

3-6-12rs - Copy.jpg

I’ve spent the past 4 years doing a lot of water hunting. I had to replace the coil because it was going wild last year but other than that I’ve had no problems. Hopefully you’ll get it fixed soon and be back at it.

Back
Top Bottom