Weighty Find ...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I hunted 90 minutes... I went out for a short hunt at a beach... its only my second hunt in 19 months... been busy with life...

Band is plat and heavy for its size.. I was hunting rocks as usual... other ring is silver as is the stud... I knew right away it wasn't gold by the weight... too bad it wasn't PD oh well scavengers can't be choosy :lol:

The green seaweed gives off a low tone when the coil goes over it...

Attachments

• IMG_1676.jpg
    IMG_1676.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,018
  • IMG_1677.jpg
    IMG_1677.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,012
  • IMG_1678.jpg
    IMG_1678.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,004
The rocks eh. not a bad idea. are you swimming or working the low tide?

good to see a local post. go nutmeggers (LOL).

Boom! 15 grams is a great payday!

Good to see you have not lost the touch and your getting back out! Was getting worried!

The rocks eh. not a bad idea. are you swimming or working the low tide?

good to see a local post. go nutmeggers (LOL).

I was not in the water was hunting slope and bottom of slope 10 feet out into the rocks...

Everyone hunts the sand, I choose not to because of that reason... a lot will not hunt rocks because you take a beating digging in them as does your scoop.

Lol

Your Killin me bro . , short hunt & you pull Plat , wish I could do that here , maybe a needle in a hay stack in replenishment sand , I will go out a few more times , but I won't out do that find , even if I was OBN , congrats

2 hunts in 19 months ? If you only hunted 1x a month....hmmm. Odd to here about the seaweed. We get these giant sand fleas or crabs , the size of your fist , that register on the Nox. This could be why some guys get disappearing signals sometimes ! How deep was the ring ?

By the title, I knew it was either gold or plat. Nice saves! So what does plat ring up comparable to? Nickels, or higher?

Congrats on the big plat Craig! :wow:
"...its only my second hunt in 19 months..."
You are very efficient. :yes:

thanks George... between taking care of my mom, work and doing everything I do around here I just had no time to hunt plus our beaches got shut down when covid started which sucked.

Very nice! Plat is still on my bucket list after 12 years of detecting.:no:

This plat made number 6 for me... I rather have gold but I won't turn down any gold or plat ring ;)

Your Killin me bro . , short hunt & you pull Plat , wish I could do that here , maybe a needle in a hay stack in replenishment sand , I will go out a few more times , but I won't out do that find , even if I was OBN , congrats

I deserved to find something today after working all day :yes:

2 hunts in 19 months ? If you only hunted 1x a month....hmmm. Odd to here about the seaweed. We get these giant sand fleas or crabs , the size of your fist , that register on the Nox. This could be why some guys get disappearing signals sometimes ! How deep was the ring ?

It wasn't deep it was wedged between two rocks... got the signal kicked one of the rocks and saw it... this beach I don't go there for fresh drops which this was most likely... I go there for the old gold and silver coinage..

Love the pose on the scale. That's the "money-shot" :gettinmoney:

Thanks Tom...

By the title, I knew it was either gold or plat. Nice saves! So what does plat ring up comparable to? Nickels, or higher?

I guess it depends on the size of the plat ring... I told a friend tonight it was a 15 he told me most of his plat came in at 4 or 5... I usually hunt with a Excal but I decided to try something new :lol:

The Platinum still eludes me. It will be mine someday. I have taken a bunch of time off this season due to health related stuff. Welcome back to the hunt Craig! They may not be often, but the quality time is well spent there. Happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom