Beautiful 100 Coin+ Dry Sand Hunt

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Due to the rough surf conditions, there was no way I would be able to go out for a water hunt, but the thought of an early morning dry sand hunt did cross my mind last night. :hmmm: A cold front went through yesterday, so it was a nice crisp 61° when I left the house and got to the beach before the sunrise. I was surprised that I had only 1 other dry sand hunt this year and it was in January. It was time for my Tesoro Deleon with the clean sweep coil to continue earning its keep at my house. :yes: I hunted for 4 hours with no major finds, but I was glad I surpassed the 100 coin mark and that I found a nice 2€ coin that I will use for spending money in Spain/Portugal next summer! The day was just beautiful!! :good:

Attachments

• 11-7-21 Pre-sunrise.jpg
    11-7-21 Pre-sunrise.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 776
  • 11-7-21 Sunrise.jpg
    11-7-21 Sunrise.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 783
  • 11-7-21.jpg
    11-7-21.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 11-7-21 Foreign.jpg
    11-7-21 Foreign.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
63 Zincons

WoW bro. , were you using the Equinox ? :roll::lol: , I will give you credit for exercise , wonder what kind of credit Craig gives you on this hunt :?: :lol:

WoW bro. , were you using the Equinox ? :roll::lol: , I will give you credit for exercise , wonder what kind of credit Craig gives you on this hunt :?: :lol:
There are only a very few Felixes with some corrosion - it shouldn't hurt his eyes too much! :lol:

Last edited:
Lol

Just wondering if you take even , more time out to go through them new style, zinc , copper , wheat , or crusty , when calculating treasure howboughtit :lol:

Last edited:
I'm posting because you only had a few replies :laughing:

I have no comment on your meager finds... :D

Seems you and I get the same conditions this time of year, darn storms rolling down from the north are bringing sea weed right now.

I have no comment on your meager finds... :D
We need to start seeing some of yours! :p
Seems you and I get the same conditions this time of year, darn storms rolling down from the north are bringing sea weed right now.
Actually the seaweed isn't as bad here in the winter. As long as we don't get those hugely thick carpets of seaweed that blanketed nearshore 2 years ago I'm good.

Felix

I think you got him this time , when he said I hunted more than him this year :shock::laughing: , bet he comes up with a new screen name 4 U , Craig how bought Zincon Kid :rofl2::laughbounce::razz::sarcastic::crazy::cool12::newidea::yikes::waytogo:

I think you got him this time , when he said I hunted more than him this year :shock::laughing: , bet he comes up with a new screen name 4 U , Craig how bought Zincon Kid :rofl2::laughbounce::razz::sarcastic::crazy::cool12::newidea::yikes::waytogo:

Don't be so sure of that... I went on a hunt last week at least I pulled a silver but I didn't feel like posting lol... You still are a head of me but lets be honest here his finds are meager just like mine were and I chose not to post...

Don't be so sure of that... I went on a hunt last week at least I pulled a silver but I didn't feel like posting lol... You still are a head of me but lets be honest here his finds are meager just like mine were and I chose not to post...
Let's continue the honesty! A lot of you northerners are done for the season and need some valuable visual & reading entertainment that I can provide.:snowtruck: :snowshovel: Whether my finds are meager or not, in this post I helped provide dreams of sunny beaches :trip: and tropical Caribbean cruises! :tropical: Did you not see that in my pics? :laughing:

Let's continue the honesty! A lot of you northerners are done for the season and need some valuable visual & reading entertainment that I can provide.:snowtruck: :snowshovel: Whether my finds are meager or not, in this post I helped provide dreams of sunny beaches :trip: and tropical Caribbean cruises! :tropical: Did you not see that in my pics? :laughing:

Well... I'm not one of those wimps who hang up the gear for the winter... they don't know what they are missing... winter is the best season to find the old stuff and gold up here... even dirt guys continue to hunt during winter they just switch to digging in the woods where the leaves protect the ground from freezing too hard...

The only use I have for a beach is metal detecting... I'm not there for the eye candy because most of my spots are devoid of that unless clams fit into eye candy category. :lol:

Zinc vs Eye candy

I would take Miami eye candy views over old Felix's 24/7 , Craig last hunt found a 1954 dime , that's Silver, silvers going up !

I would take Miami eye candy views over old Felix's 24/7 , Craig last hunt found a 1954 dime , that's Silver, silvers going up !
I don't even need a detector to find silver. :lol: Saw this baby in the change window of a vending machine at school. It wasn't until I got home that I noticed a different sound that I took a closer look. :cool3:

Attachments

• 20211108_152626.jpg
    20211108_152626.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 404
Once

In a while you find them Felix , I think you will find more , people are in tough times , however as years pass by , finding silver coins will get even harder , I will try some dirt here , but most is private property , and I am not one for knocking on doors , now days you never know :lol: , I also noticed , no curve strips here , one of my best places to hunt :( , anyway your correct , no action here in the winter , keep it coming , however no more than 10 zinc's :lol: , or you get spanked being you hunt with a NOX :nono::heartylaugh:

Did some one say Meager Finds?? I had an hour to kill while my wife had a MRI of her neck done at a downtown Charleston hospital. So i sped off to the beach. One hour of swinging the coil yielded one danged zincoln.

, or you get spanked being you hunt with a NOX :nono::heartylaugh:
Earl, do you have ANY reading comprehension? Let's go back and start all over and see if you can determine which detector I used? I'll even make it an easy multiple choice question for you!

The detector used on this dry sand beach hunt was my ____ ?
A. Excal. aka "Merlin"
B. Equinox 800 aka "Noxy"
C. Tesoro Deleon
D. Fisher Impulse AQ (This is the distractor!)

Good luck and you have 15 minutes from reading the original post to get the correct answer.
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Lol

Looks like a ZINC magnet 4 sure , I guess I will read your posts more often , as most are like a book :laughing: , how do you like the AQ :?: :lol: PS the proof of owner ship is in the picks , have some eye candy with hands on , in the shot :roll::laughing:

Earl, do you have ANY reading comprehension? Let's go back and start all over and see if you can determine which detector I used? I'll even make it an easy multiple choice question for you!

The detector used on this dry sand beach hunt was my ____ ?
A. Excal. aka "Merlin"
B. Equinox 800 aka "Noxy"
C. Tesoro Deleon
D. Fisher Impulse AQ (This is the distractor!)

Good luck and you have 15 minutes from reading the original post to get the correct answer.
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

The AQ???? The detector that they only sold about 5 of them... :laughing:

Did someone sell it to you at a great price like free?

You know it doesn't like the minerals in FL correct? I think it was meant to stay in France... it doesn't like the USA :lol:

You should have tried a TDI Beachhunter I got a friend who killing it with the beachhunter... if I can find one I'll go that route...

Fisher is done with the limited for the States. Hopefully not with the repairs. I’m waiting on their Pulse Devil….. oops I mean production model with upgrades. I still have hopes it will be the machine promised. We are certainly getting into winter hunting…. Not a lot of gold showing up until we start getting some wind changes. GL out there a nice hunt.

I knew this was coming...it reminded me of the Surf Devil :laughing:

What it was going to do, how it was going to make other detectors obsolete...

All I needed to see were those amateur hour video's they first put up to know it was not going to make any detector obsolete.

These manufacturers must think we are stupid....

It was entertaining for me though... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom