Pulse dive owners

Muskrat

Thinking hard about ordering one for creek snorkeling, a couple specialized beach situations, and then general dirt work as well. I have 3 questions.

1. Is it worth it? (The most pressing question)
2. Would you recommend the 8in coil over the smaller one?
3. Anyone have problems with it leaking?

Thanks and hh

Thinking hard about ordering one for creek snorkeling, a couple specialized beach situations, and then general dirt work as well. I have 3 questions.

1. Is it worth it? (The most pressing question)
2. Would you recommend the 8in coil over the smaller one?
3. Anyone have problems with it leaking?

Thanks and hh

1 yes
2 not sure don't have the 8in
3 no issues at all.

I have the 8 inch. I hardly use it.
I got it thinking the extra depth would be handy, but in reality I get more depth being able to stick the smaller coil in cracks an holes in the rocks.
The pulse is a good detector for the money as long as you're using it in rocky locations. If you're just detecting an open sandy bottom, get something else.

I have the smaller coil one. It's really fun to snorkel with it. Really fun. It didn't hit very well (at all) on a sideways/upright titanium ring that was stuck between some rocks I could visual see, and it finds everything, iron included. That said, I really really enjoy snorkeling with it. I can spend hours doing that much to my families chagrin.

I've only used mine maybe 4-5 times as I got it late in the season for me.

I have the smaller coil one. It's really fun to snorkel with it. Really fun. It didn't hit very well (at all) on a sideways/upright titanium ring that was stuck between some rocks I could visual see, and it finds everything, iron included. That said, I really really enjoy snorkeling with it. I can spend hours doing that much to my families chagrin.

I've only used mine maybe 4-5 times as I got it late in the season for me.

Yeah it's not goig to hold a candle to a more expensive detector, but for a few 100 bucks it's good value. Mine has certainly paid for itself

I have one with the 20 cm. (8") coil that I got late this summer from Big Boys Toys for marine use. I'm still getting used to it (used three times), but I'm finding stuff - rubbish, so far. I also have the pinpointer tip. I haven't tried it in rocks/coral yet, but I'm thinking the pinpointer tip will work well in that environment. I have found an aluminum strip (24" X 2") about 8" to 10" down in the sand with it. Another piece of aluminum rubbish was about 5" to 6" into the sand. I need to benchmark it by testing with several other metals in submerged settings with various depths into the sand. I haven't had any leakage issues and I give it a fresh water rinse after using it. I think it has some quirks - I can get a tone that suggests that it is getting bored with not finding anything, so I wake it up with a tab top to keep it focused. Anyone else seeing this "lost pointer" (?) tone while in use? I'm running it with both the audible and vibration on.

Back
Top Bottom