Nox software upgrade

lower right of the download utility are some dots. click on them, reflash with the old software and then re-install the new software.

Do you think the old software was better? I didn't use myself detector very much at all before I updated the software. Maybe we should run it on the older software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t care for the update on my 800 so I rolled it back to the original software version.
The update shifted the TID somewhat.
I just purchased a 600 that has the latest software version and it seemed to be a little better than I remember.
I’m going to do some testing between the two and see what kind of results I get.

Do you think the old software was better? I didn't use myself detector very much at all before I updated the software. Maybe we should run it on the older software.

I uninstalled the upgrade and then reinstalled as per Customer Service. I’m going to give it a few go’s. If it’s not fixed, I’m going back to the old revision. It’s unacceptable to be getting 26-32 tones for rusty !!!! nails regardless if I can switch to the iron setting to check it. I find coins in holes with iron a lot.

I agree. Every since the update, I haven't like it as much. Please report back with the new update as to what you like better, the old or new. Cause I don't get out to detect very much. Thanks

So has new software rolled out?
Seems to me that I only updated my software once. That was months ago and it was to 1.7.5.
Is there newer one out there?

So has new software rolled out?

Seems to me that I only updated my software once. That was months ago and it was to 1.7.5.

Is there newer one out there?

I believe there is only the one update.

FYI- i went back to the older software today. Same issue after the re-flash of the latest software. Damp compacted dirt with some moisture, I'm reading 29-32 on rusty nails / screws. thats a no go for me.

Giving this thread a bump.

Still having VDI issues. Like yesterday, Got a solid 34 over and over again. Ended up pulling out a very rusty bolt. The Nox shouldn't even be reading that. Then, on a 3 inch 41 merk, I should be getting 26-27 but I got it at 22-24 that sounded strong so I dug it. I also got a solid 30 that ended up being a 76 penny.

I am not the only one having issues like this. I sent an email to Minelab, but never heard back from them. I have FP'ed it many times and did the update four times. Still having the mixed up and wrong VDI's popping up on my screen.

If you have had similar issues, please let us know. And if you fixed this issue, how did you do so? If you have an inside contact at Minelab, could you find out what the deal is and see if they have a plan for a fix? And "re-install" the update is not the answer.

Thanks

Giving this thread a bump.

Still having VDI issues. Like yesterday, Got a solid 34 over and over again. Ended up pulling out a very rusty bolt. The Nox shouldn't even be reading that. Then, on a 3 inch 41 merk, I should be getting 26-27 but I got it at 22-24 that sounded strong so I dug it. I also got a solid 30 that ended up being a 76 penny.

I am not the only one having issues like this. I sent an email to Minelab, but never heard back from them. I have FP'ed it many times and did the update four times. Still having the mixed up and wrong VDI's popping up on my screen.

If you have had similar issues, please let us know. And if you fixed this issue, how did you do so? If you have an inside contact at Minelab, could you find out what the deal is and see if they have a plan for a fix? And "re-install" the update is not the answer.

Thanks

I agree. I re-installed the first software version and now I’m seeing issues with that. It appears one side of the coil reads correct and the other coil is off. I assume once they integrate the data that’s where the funky VDIs are showing. But it needs more analysis.

I agree. I re-installed the first software version and now I’m seeing issues with that. It appears one side of the coil reads correct and the other coil is off. I assume once they integrate the data that’s where the funky VDIs are showing. But it needs more analysis.

The odd thing for me is that it is "intermittent". Like on a quarter... If it 29-31 I am very sure it will be a quarter. But I had a shallow quarter, in the thatch, that rang up a loud 30. But, at times I will dig a dime when it rang up in the penny rang. Also getting a lot of smashed beer caps at 29-31. Didn't think they would ring up like a quarter when it is tin or aluminum. I could be wrong on that. But getting rusty iron ringing up like a dime or quarter does tick me off and that is happening way to often.

Back
Top Bottom