4-day Treasure Coast hunt

Just wondering if you hooked up with Scoundrel down their, if i ever hunt down their again, i will look him up, Earl
Scoundrel is my coworkers uncle. :friends: Heard some amazing stories...but if I want a realistic chance, I have to spend serious $$$ to sublease his crew and boat. :pirate2: :boat:

At least you had a good time!
I see those same jelly fish get blown in here with the bigger storms...
Feels like you get slapped with a strip of barbed wire with broken bottles attached. I was lucky and didn't get nailed good... It's a type of sting that will make you poop in the water:lol:
^^This! lol. I got stung, but definately not a man-o-war.

typical beach hunting in FL!!
it's the hardest , longest , i have ever hunted on the treasure coast, without coming home with any 1715 fleet item's...
You said it!

Met a few folks that had toured McLarty's Treasure museum who said, the musuem posts "DAILY" treasure finds and reports that only 30% of the treasure has been recovered. Then they asked what I found. :?:

:lol: I said, PLATINUM, as I pulled out a bud light platinum beer cap; GOLD, a trojan foil wrapper; and lots of SILVER, and then pulled out a Coors light can. LOL :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I said, in 7 years of being a Florida resident, I am still hoping to stumble across a keepsake.

I am in the Vero Beach area and rarely find anything on the beaches. I mainly hunt old house sites but always get the "you should try the beaches" from curious people.:D

Nice job cleaning the beaches.. at least in the snow belt there is gold to find :lol:

Scoundrel we had some erosion this week and I ran in to Jonah and Trez. It might get better this week (mid week). I'm in on a boat this season (not J's) another one.

Saw Drayton in the parking lot yesterday. It's that time of the year.

can anyone describe an encounter :shock::?:

The tentacles can break off (and stay active for a while) and you never see them until you step on one. Take a sharp sewing needle, heat it until red hot and stick it in the bottom of your foot. That's about how it felt to me. And of course you are so far away from the nearest hot water (really hot water can neutralize them - a little), that you have to limp in. I wear water shoes now and don't care who laughs!:laughing:

https://youtu.be/7WJCnC5ebf4?t=137

Scoundrel we had some erosion this week and I ran in to Jonah and Trez. It might get better this week (mid week). I'm in on a boat this season (not J's) another one.

Saw Drayton in the parking lot yesterday. It's that time of the year.

Saw the gale warnings. We went back down again, but came home just before the storms. Geez, y'all might have some better luck with the wave movement.

Attachments

• gale.jpg
    gale.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 120
Looks like you had a good time, and 5 weeks is nice just to do what you want..no rush.

Noreaster wright now treasure coast, you vacationed the wrong week howboutit

lol, i know right! I'm keeping my eye out for a place down there. Something I can use when I want but will have good rental opportunity. :cool3:

South Florida is SOOOOOOOO much nicer than north-FL. :pirates::gettinmoney::tropical:

I Wouldn't

Waste my time or money, as the local's jump on the beach 1st , they will all way's have the upper hand, if you lived their , than your a local, by the time you reach their- jump out on the beach , the local pirate's , if any 1715 fleet loot is on the beach they will get it :pirates: Most of which will be a stray, no hoard :realitycheck: Now if your Scoundrel, dive, have your own vessel, pay your 1000 clam's for lease , you can cash in, but Scoundrel will tell you equipment, fuel, vessel maintenance all add's up, including having the do dads' to use a blower in the hole your looking for treasure under water , never the less dream's can come true, but are rare.

...South Florida is SOOOOOOOO much nicer than north-FL. :pirates::gettinmoney::tropical:
No it's not! It's horrible!!! The heat and humidity is worse and the mosquitoes are 3X the size!!! :shock: You guys ALL need to stay north of Orlando! :roll: :lol:

Felix

Not to worry bro., any pirate invasion i herd , they will guarantee to leave all your Felix zinc's alone , you have lease control on them howboutit :cool3::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

right place, but it is the luck of the Irish sometimes.

there have been people just walking on the Treasure Coast and come up with a 2 foot gold chain clumps of silver reales on the surface.

Those wrecks still produce, but it is a numbers and luck game. Next time go to a beach with very expensive hotels/condos and look for gold with ice.

Back
Top Bottom