St. Patricks Day silver permissions

off the iron

Elite Member
February and early March was not kind to my detecting plans here in CO. Frozen ground and several snow storms had me continuely refreshing the long range forecast.

I have been trying to branch out into getting permissions on private property, my usual public haunts have been going dry on quality digable tones. And as Coin Whisperer says if you want to find silver, Door Knock! So I have been trying that along with researching property owners on various county assessors web-page's. And fortunately I have had some luck sending letters.

Sunday, 3-17-19, St. Patricks day. Made it out to a long abandoned church, built in 1903 which I got permission on. I had high hopes for this one.....you guessed it, total dud. Yard must have been filled in years ago because there was nothing but gravel everywhere. The ground conditions encountered is not native in the area I was in.

Fortunately I was able to pull the switch-a-roo and move to my second permission in the area and was able to save some silver and a few cool relics. Best part is the second place I tried has lots of searchable area for the season.

Silvers
1935 S Merc
1942 D Merc
1958 D Rosie

The cleanest CO sales tax token I have dug and an old, at one time, silver plated crucifix.

Hope everyone's weather is turning and allowing you to get out.

Attachments

• 1. Haul $0.40.jpg
    1. Haul $0.40.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 254
  • 2. Silvers_front.jpg
    2. Silvers_front.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 3. Silvers_reverse.jpg
    3. Silvers_reverse.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 217
  • 4. CO tax token.jpg
    4. CO tax token.jpg