Nox 800 and orx or just a deus

Gros21

Sorry for another new thread. But I’ve narrowed it down.
Would it be a waste getting a nox and orx (Eg are there skills/strengths overlapping to much (orx will be new so choice of coils)) or just go the deus.

Just feel like if I just go the nox 800 or orx it’s kinda cheaping out a bit hence getting both. Plus if I went with just a ctx 3030 it seems to have a lot of limitations so that unit is off the cards as a solo machine. I really like the deus as it’s light and powerful and seems a good all round machine minis beach/water but can make do in those areas.

I’ll be joining the local club so it’s not like I’m just hunting my local part and don’t want to be a member that just goes to certain events and totally avoids family beach trips.

I’d rate my importance of the 4 major areas as follows.

Relics must do a good job at.
Gold must do a good job at ideally fine gold.
Beach must be able to give it a crack.
Water I can live without.

By good I mean not wasting my time by waving my detector arround in these areas. I do not expect my machines to be as good as a $5k machine dedicated for relics ect.

Don’t want a “princess” of a machine that will only work with ideal settings and must be handled with love and washed after each use, suffers from dodgey connections ect ect.

Jack of all trades and master of mine is fine.

The glock of the dectector world a simple work horse that gets the job done in 95% of cases and isn’t picky.

Hi,

My opinions from experience. I like both very much.

Just quick answers between Nox, Orx, Deus. I have owned both the Nox and Deus. I haven't used the Orx but I have used the 4 programs which are like 3 programs on the Deus.

First detector = Equinox by a mile (it is not simple but its tons easier than a Deus for a newbie. Orx is supposed to be easier than the Deus?????)

Relic hunting = slight edge to the Deus/Orx for its incredible recovery speed and separation in iron. The Nox is a very close second.

Gold Prospecting=Nox by a mile ( I have used both prospecting. Deus=OK. Nox=amazing)

Beach=big edge to the Nox. Two excellent dedicated beach programs, being fully waterproof and to me better at coin and jewelry because of very accurate target ID down to around 8 to 10 inches. Deus also has two dedicated beach programs but target ID is all over the place after 6". Deus audio is great. Orx does not have a dedicated beach program but one could be customized maybe.....?

Water= Nox hands down

Durability= Nox. Damaging a coil or control unit on the Nox will be cheaper to replace. Damaging a coil or control unit on the Deus/Orx is half the price of the Nox to replace at least for either part. Especially important when gold prospecting around large and small boulders, roots, trees and uneven terrain where detectors fall over easily like the Deus/Orx will.

Adjustability and Comfort=Deus/Orx by a lot. Neither is heavy but the Nox takes a little getting used to.

Ease of operation=Nox by a mile. Very easy to read display and well laid out controls once you learn them. Deus/Orx are nice but lots of button pressing, manual reading and learning curve in the beginning. Nox is a great target ID and excellent tone/audio detector. Deus/Orx is an outstanding tone/audio detector and a good to okay target ID detector.

Online manual/repairs/support=Nox if you are in the USA. If you are in OZ definitely Nox.

The Deus/Orx has a true, threshold based all metal mode for extra depth =Gold Field. The Nox does not. The Nox has discriminated hybrid all metal modes =Gold 1 and Gold 2 which will go deep and work well. Nox also has the horseshoe button which is really convenient for checking possible iron targets quickly. Noise cancelling on the Nox is really good too. And then the Nox has simultaneous multi frequency operation which to me is a game changer.
Jeff

Last edited:
Should mention I live 30km from the xp (deus/orx dealer) he is great and let me use his deus. Sure I had no idea what I was doing and didnt touch a thing.

My sessions will be 4hrs max once a month, plus may use it for that again on my block solo

Yes spending 2k on detectors may be over kill for a causal user or going straight to the deus is overkill. But but once cry once.

I’ll grab the nox then and Maybee save for a deus.

Also orx/deus are close enough the same. Just tweeked down similar to the nox 600/800

Plus orx comes with white coils hf, uses tri tone, also for some stupid reason uses a different wireless system for head phones.

Spose the orx is just a baby deus.

Well I bought a new nox 800 (darn them 20% sales) and a gpx 4500

Back
Top Bottom