RNB Innovations battery for Minelab Vanquish - Video

I have one of these great accessory for the vanquish I'm getting around 30 hours
before the need to re charge big, big improvement over the minelab batts.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

RNB Battery Indicator

I have the RNB Battery for my Vanquish 440 and I love it. However I have noticed that the battery usage indicator on my Vanquish doesn't move with the RNB Battery. It is always indicating full charge even when it is dead. Works just fine with normal rechargeable batteries and non-rechargeable batteries. Have you noticed this as well?

yes! I don't care I know it's getting around 30 hours anyway, and I have back-up in the form of the minelab recharge batts,AND conventional alkalines. just make sure you are backed up in the field,and you'll be fine!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

yes! I don't care I know it's getting around 30 hours anyway, and I have back-up in the form of the minelab recharge batts,AND conventional alkalines. just make sure you are backed up in the field,and you'll be fine!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

That’s the good thing about machines that still take batteries,your never down as long as you carry them... I know these new internal rechargeable battery machines are With the times,,, but I still prefer the option of swapping batteries..

Counterfeit RNB Batteries

RNB batteries are made in China. The first RNB battery for our AT Pro that we received from a internet only based company was a obvious counterfeit. We shipped that one back for a refund and called one of the forum sponsors here to order another one. The second battery was different with polarity markers and other features I cannot remember right now. From now on I will always order from the shops that sponsor this forum. It is ironic that one Chinese manufacturer will counterfeit another Chinese manufacturer's product or at least that seems to be what is happening. I wonder if this is happening with the RNB batteries for the Vanquish also.

That’s the good thing about machines that still take batteries,your never down as long as you carry them... I know these new internal rechargeable battery machines are With the times,,, but I still prefer the option of swapping batteries..

You're not the only one!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Unless you top those off regularly, they aren't the best to use as backups, as I don't think they're LSD (low-self discharge) cells.

have NOT researched the charge rate on a "lit-ion internal" batt, but even money says if it "croaks" in the field, it probably ruins your day! perhaps an outside juice bar can charge it fast enough to stay in the game,or through a 12 v. female in a car.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Unless you top those off regularly, they aren't the best to use as backups, as I don't think they're LSD (low-self discharge) cells.

this is correct as they seem to only hold a charge for around 8 hours ,or so,but generally WILL get you through to the end of the hunt! alkalines too, will discharge at around the same time rate.i am happy I got the rnb unit as it works well. I get right around 30 hours before discharge.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

this is correct as they seem to only hold a charge for around 8 hours ,or so,but generally WILL get you through to the end of the hunt! alkalines too, will discharge at around the same time rate.i am happy I got the rnb unit as it works well. I get right around 30 hours before discharge.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Self-discharge refers to holding a charge during storage.

LSD cells will only lose 10-15% of their capacity over 6-12 months while in storage. Most "regular" NiMH cells will lose half if not more of their charge during that same time span.

I was referring only to my personally experienced "run time" the rnb batt has A very low self discharge rate when being stored. the minelab batts have to be checked for "voltage drop" every so often while in storage, and charged as necessary. the alkalines are not a concern due to having a low "self discharge" rate in storage owing to their nature as alkaline batts. all bets are off when either the minelab batts,AND the alkalines are used in the field as I have determined I can consistently only get "around" 8 hours, or so before discharge in the 540.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom