Vanquish VDI's - Gold rings

Monkeys Uncle

Just purch. a V440 as a back up machine. Would appreciate current owners/users experience with Gold jewelry...especially rings. What did you recover and what was the VDI value? Helpful tips are very much WELCOME!

Please and Thank You in advance! :cool3:

ETA - What mode were you using (Coin, Relic or Jewelry)?

Just purch. a V440 as a back up machine. Would appreciate current owners/users experience with Gold jewelry...especially rings. What did you recover and what was the VDI value? Helpful tips are very much WELCOME!

Please and Thank You in advance! :cool3:

ETA - What mode were you using (Coin, Relic or Jewelry)?

I don't own a V440, but gold will be found from:

Even below the foil range to even above the zinc penny range. Finding gold comes down to being lucky and hunting those areas that increase your odds.

I do own a V440. Gold rings (I presume, I haven't found one yet) are around 9 to 16. I know this cuz my dad's wedding band is 14k, it rings up as 14-15. And other rings in the house rang up the lowest 9, even 7.

Low numbers = Gold :D

Josh

I managed to find 10 gold rings turf hunting last year with the Equinox. I haven't sent them in to be melted down yet so I ran them by my Vanquish 540. The target IDs in all of the modes on the Vanquish series and the Equinox are almost identical. I used stock Jewelry mode on the 540 for these numbers:

Womens 1.08 gram 10K = 8
Womens 1.16 gram 10K = 9
Womens 1.21 gram 10K = 9
Womens 1.75 gram 14K =13
Womens 2.21 gram 10K =13
Womens 2.41 gram 10K =12

Mens 3.49 gram 10K = 11
Mens 4.66 gram 10K = 14
Mens 5.01 gram 10K = 16
Mens 9.89 gram 14K = 20

So, don't use Coin mode unless you have the all metals accepted button pushed and dig those zinc penny and aluminum screw cap (CAKE) signals........ I found an 18K 8 gram ring in 2019 using the Equinox that was hitting 22/23!

Plus.....a ring laying flat vs on its side will give different VDI numbers. You have to dig it all if you want gold

Steve

Back
Top Bottom