Silver Number One

jack&jill

Elite Member
Pretty late in making this post. I had hoped I'd get in several outing an have a bit more to show. Alas the weather has put some extreme limits to doing any digging since. This hunt took place the first Sunday of the month as as of yet it is the only hunt for me in 2019. The high point is it was shared with Air Force Mike, Dewsweeper and his son Bret. Any further and future reference to this very capable young detectionist will be as "Hollywood". We meet up at the same site Mike and I hunted to finish 2018. We had had some nice success and covered only about a third of this small park. We thought it might hold more. The four of us put in the efforts in covering these grounds but the wanted returns were just not there. Hollywood dug a loan Indian and I got a Silver GW for the only keepers on this cold breezy day. Still it was great to start the year with these guys and the hope of some warmer temps so we all can do this again. In a couple of side notes, I started 2018 in a hunt with Dew's and dug a GW to start last year also. The other my first hunt of 2019 put me 50 days ahead of last years start. Until the next. Trapper

Attachments

• 1-5-19.jpg
    1-5-19.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Congrats on number one silver of '19! Now all you have to find are 410 more pieces of silver coins to beat last year's record. I am sure when the weather permits, your silver finds will be rolling in....and rightfully so. Now all we need is warm weather and ground conditions, but until then it is more like hibernation time, at least for me.

Congrats on the silver Washington, and silver #1 for the year Trapper!!! I'm still waiting to get my coil over my first silver coin of the year. Toad on the other hand is just killing it. I feel like it's a win if at least one of us leave a hunt with silver though.

Glad to see you starting earlier this year and congrats on the GW. Good luck again this year. By the way, I dug a walker for my first of the year. Let's hope it means a good year for each of us.

Congrats on number one silver of '19! Now all you have to find are 410 more pieces of silver coins to beat last year's record. I am sure when the weather permits, your silver finds will be rolling in....and rightfully so. Now all we need is warm weather and ground conditions, but until then it is more like hibernation time, at least for me.
Thank you John. Its been only 10 days and I'm already having withdrawals. As far as another 410 Silver Coins. I just don't see last year happening again. Trapper
Congrats on the silver Washington, and silver #1 for the year Trapper!!! I'm still waiting to get my coil over my first silver coin of the year. Toad on the other hand is just killing it. I feel like it's a win if at least one of us leave a hunt with silver though.
Appreciate your reply Travis. I know that feeling as Air Force Mike and I go back over five years and we have had a streak since hunt one that ether one or both have dug Silver in every hunt. We have come close a couple of times but the day has been made with last moment digs. Trapper

Glad to see you starting earlier this year and congrats on the GW. Good luck again this year. By the way, I dug a walker for my first of the year. Let's hope it means a good year for each of us.
Thanks Jason and I hope you are right about 2019. But I do not think I will commit to the efforts I made last year. Trapper
Way to start the year. Congrats.
Thank you Trap. It is always a good feeling to the first Silver of the year. Although I am getting a little impatient to get out for the next. Trapper

Congrats on a nice fat silver quarter for your first of the year! Are you trying for a better count this year or just not worried about the count and enjoying the hunt? ....or both:lol:

Congratulations on the early silver Trapper. One question . What rig sniffed out the GW?? I'm sure i know which one but just wanted to be a 100 percent.

Hey, middle of January, in Wisconsin, you got a really early start. A GW quarter is a fine coin to start with, too! So, let's see...at this rate; one silver per half a month...comes out to about 2 dozens silvers for the year.? I think my math is off a bit somewhere. :laughing:
It's all frozen up here...I just tried digging under some leaves with a shovel yesterday. Solid. All my known detecting spots are exposed ground...rock solid.

Yup 👍. on the board buddy.
Hope you and Mike got out today or hopefully tomorrow.

Half way threw January and your posting silver .
As modest as a George washing can be it's an outstanding find .
Hollywood 😎.
I told him i think it's going to stick lol
HH
,Dew

Only 399 more to go Trapper! :D
A nice fantasy Paul but highly unlikely. But I promise I'll take what ever the detecting gods gives me. Trapper
Your starting off right trapper,big silver.Congrats on the Washington,looking forward already to your year end.lol
Thanks Pete. You know if the weather doesn't break you may have just posted on it. Trapper

Way to go! You’ll be at 500 before you know it
Appreciate your reply and the faith Vic. Somehow I don't think 500 for me will ever come into play. After last year I need to find a awful lot of new sites to hunt. Trapper
Congrats on a nice fat silver quarter for your first of the year! Are you trying for a better count this year or just not worried about the count and enjoying the hunt? ....or both:lol:
Thank you Scott. I will not set a goal this year with the exception that Silver will be the the target of every hunt. I don't remember a lot of hunt that I didn't enjoy since I started in this hobby. But teaming with these friends of mine have very much enriched the experience in every adventure for me. Trapper

Glad to see you got out and are on the board already.

450 this year,

I missed that weekend as I was at a convention, and it got cold just as I got back, so in other words it's my fault. Lol

Attachments

• you-can-do-it-17620277.jpg
    you-can-do-it-17620277.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 234
Congratulations on the early silver Trapper. One question . What rig sniffed out the GW?? I'm sure i know which one but just wanted to be a 100 percent.
Appreciate the reply mike. Think yo will be surprise that I had the "Nov" out on that day. The first time we hunted that park we used the 3030's but found a real trashy area that we thought the "Nox" wold excel in. But if it ain't there your not going to dig it. Trapper
Hey, middle of January, in Wisconsin, you got a really early start. A GW quarter is a fine coin to start with, too! So, let's see...at this rate; one silver per half a month...comes out to about 2 dozens silvers for the year.? I think my math is off a bit somewhere. :laughing:
It's all frozen up here...I just tried digging under some leaves with a shovel yesterday. Solid. All my known detecting spots are exposed ground...rock solid.
I like you numbers Blaise, no pressure to perform. Did not dig my first Silver last year until February 25th (a GW). This was dug on the first Sunday in January So by that timetable I'm ahead of last year. Trapper

Thank you John. Its been only 10 days and I'm already having withdrawals. As far as another 410 Silver Coins. I just don't see last year happening again. Trapper

Appreciate your reply Travis. I know that feeling as Air Force Mike and I go back over five years and we have had a streak since hunt one that ether one or both have dug Silver in every hunt. We have come close a couple of times but the day has been made with last moment digs. Trapper

608edfbee9e8871889def57ee3ced3e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom