Ed the Beach Hunter?!?!?!?

You guys don't do your research. Ed is a retired southern california union mason. Look up the current loaded rate, (if you can figure it out). He doesn't need a pittance from Youtube or White's to enhance his life. His retirement is significant, and he has a beautiful wife and dear child that supports his passion. He's just following that passion for metal detecting, and is trying to share it as best he can. If you don't like the way he does it, then go elsewhere for your vicarious thrill. He's an honest that man doesn't need the !!!! you're laying on him. Grow up and accept reality. Or shut and go away!!!!!!!

You guys don't do your research. Ed is a retired southern california union mason. Look up the current loaded rate, (if you can figure it out). He doesn't need a pittance from Youtube or White's to enhance his life. His retirement is significant, and he has a beautiful wife and dear child that supports his passion. He's just following that passion for metal detecting, and is trying to share it as best he can. If you don't like the way he does it, then go elsewhere for your vicarious thrill. He's an honest that man doesn't need the !!!! you're laying on him. Grow up and accept reality. Or shut and go away!!!!!!!
You have your opinion of him and we have our opinion. Telling us to shut (up) and go away isn't very friendly, so that comment should be removed from this discussion.

Anyone recognize his favorite beach? Not a populated area, the one where water runs sideways. I’d like to check it out on a trip north sometime.

I just wonder when all the people show up to lose their rings as there is never anyone around and the water is too cold to get in anyway. Its weird that no one on the forums seems to know him.
I did like his detector comparison video he did awhile back. Now want to see the BHID compared.
Thanks for the location!

Just saw a video if him hacking open a safe filled with gold coins, silver coins, Confederate money, and an old gun.
He was tossing the bills and coins around like he already knew the value.

1000% staged
Oro oro amazing what some will do for attention

I am coming around to believe you guys are right that he is staging and just earning money from youtube. At half-moon beach there is basically nothing there but a beach. I don't know about california beaches, but in Florida the guys that really pull in the good rings do it in front of expensive hotels and condos. At half moon beach there are no hotels or condos much less expensive ones. Maybe this mystery is one we should turn over to the other forum that specializes in mysteries. Maybe Ed has two small dowsing rods on his metal detector that we cannot see in the video.

Last edited:
I think that all of us that claim to find things get accused of fabricating. I am no exception. How many believed I found over 11 grand in the trash last year?

I have no reason to doubt. I congratulate folks and if they didn't find it they are only fooling themselves.

Folks can believe me or him or not. It doesn't really matter. I know who I am and my values. He knows himself.

11 grand! $$$! Wow! I found $40 on the sidewalk...lol! And I thought I had just killed it!

Not sure about that.. he's not hurting anyone and most people like his videos, even if they are fake beyond belief.
He's putting on a show. Just look at it like that

I disagree. He iS hurting this hobby by making us look like people who will lie to get ahead.

I disagree. He iS hurting this hobby by making us look like people who will lie to get ahead.

^^ this ^^

I know some people think that it's innocent fun . Just like some of the recent Hollywood "curse of civil war gold " bologna going on. Ie.: "What's the harm?"

I can't put my finger on why, but I too find it annoying. Unless, like I said before, Ed happens to be the luckiest guy in the world. And/or spends TONS of time on the beach, and treats/edits the isolated finds like a "bass fishing channel".

I'm new to this forum and hobby and I ran across this conversation so now I'm curious. Who is this Ed guy. What name does he use on the forum so I can see for myself if he is a straight shooter or BS. From what I've read so far he sounds like a big BS'er, but I want to see some of his stuff.

Also how do I find him on youtube....thanks....Pete

I'm new to this forum and hobby and I ran across this conversation so now I'm curious. Who is this Ed guy. What name does he use on the forum so I can see for myself if he is a straight shooter or BS. From what I've read so far he sounds like a big BS'er, but I want to see some of his stuff.

Also how do I find him on youtube....thanks....Pete

Here's a link to his YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCFEi9jtUjy3bMf8L-gW_5Q/videos

Not sure if he's on the forum, he might be, but if he is, I don't see him post often.

^^ this ^^

I know some people think that it's innocent fun . Just like some of the recent Hollywood "curse of civil war gold " bologna going on. Ie.: "What's the harm?"

I can't put my finger on why, but I too find it annoying. Unless, like I said before, Ed happens to be the luckiest guy in the world. And/or spends TONS of time on the beach, and treats/edits the isolated finds like a "bass fishing channel".

Tom, I think your just upset because he hasn't forked over your 30% yet ;)

^^ this ^^

I'm with you. Maybe I'm wrong, but sure seems like clownery to me. I just made that word up, but I think it fits. I try to be introspective, and maybe its a character flaw in me, but I really don't like his act.

Back
Top Bottom