Finally the Ground has Thawed - I Found Some Cool Copper Jewelry!

Well, it's been a looong winter (like always) in Minnesota! But at long last, the ground has started to finally thaw out - well, at least during the day. It still freezes again at night sometimes as it does still get to the low 30s. :(

Anyway, made it out a couple times last week with my new detector, headphones, & digger from my gift exchange partner last year (Silversmith45), and my new pinpointer which my brother (Torpedo) bought me for Christmas. :cool3: Didn't find much the first hunt, as it was at my neighbor's house which we've already detected before, but I did manage a penny. :lol:

Then, Sunday after church, Dad brought my sister (Princess) & I to a tot-lot. We stayed there for about 2 hours and we did pretty well. I found $0.86, and 2 jewelry items I believe to be copper. The ring was a pleasant surprise, about the size of a dime and it showed up as a copper penny/dime. The copper bracelet is the first bracelet I've found, and it looks like it almost matches the design on the ring! :D

Thank you for looking, happy hunting, and God bless! :D

the absolute "best" treasure you can find is "jesus!" do NOT forsake him!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Nice start and finds. Still thawing here in da Yoop. A lot of snow yet!
Yeah, we still have some snow laying around in yards, and anything past about 4-6 inches is frozen. :( We're expecting 3-8 inches of snow this week actually, not good for MDing. :( Thank you for your reply, I feel your pain. Lol. :D
those are cool glad you can finally get out and do some digging
Thank you, Brncofan! :D Me too. :D
Congratulations, Wolf-Dog, on your first finds of the season! May this be the start of an exciting new year metal detecting. I look forward to joining in with you and Princess this year. Love, Dad :D
Thanks, Dad. I look forward to our MDing excursions as well. :yes:
Did you find those with your new detector? I hope it works well for you.
Yes, I did. :D I have been using all my new gear from you. They all work really well; thank you again very much for your generosity. :cool3:
the absolute "best" treasure you can find is "jesus!" do NOT forsake him!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
Thanks for your reply; I agree. :yes:

I can’t believe the ground is just thawing by you. Down here we are sweating our asses off. Uggh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t believe the ground is just thawing by you. Down here we are sweating our *** off. Uggh
Thanks for your reply, Truth! :D The ground hasn't completely thawed out, only 3 inches in some spots. However, tonight through Friday we could get anywhere between 5-16 inches of snow. :( Nooooo!

Good hunt Garrett. Nice that you've finally been able to get out. The bracelet is a nice one.
Thank you, Ed! :D I appreciate your reply. :yes:

still snowing in 'minnesnowtah! ha!..
what are you people doing there in minnesnowtah
to arouse the wrath of the king of kings! it's too cold for even "indoor sports"
in minnesnowtah!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Congrats on your finds, Wolfie! :good: As always, I really enjoyed the hunt with you, and I'm so happy that you found your first nice ring - along with the cool bracelet. I think the Lord has blessed your persistence; keep it up! (Oh... that would require the mid-April snow to melt, wouldn't it? :() :D

got another one on the way to "minnesnowtah"
"duck and cover!".."global warming!"..ehe he he! he! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Nice digs Wolf!
Thank you, Jeff! :D

Congrats on your finds, Wolfie! :good: As always, I really enjoyed the hunt with you, and I'm so happy that you found your first nice ring - along with the cool bracelet. I think the Lord has blessed your persistence; keep it up! (Oh... that would require the mid-April snow to melt, wouldn't it? :() :D
Thanks, Princess! :D

Back
Top Bottom