8,000 Wheaties

Ya know, it might be some fun for your Brother to sit and sift though that stack and just dink around with them for a while...get an idea if theres any key dates in that mess...then sell those to a Coin Collector in his area for top money and the rest of the commons at 3cents per...

Who knows? He may have a 1943 copper or a 1959 D mule wheatie in there? I'd take a look if I were him...He will at least be super entertained, get some numismatic knowledge, and have something to do for about a month of evenings...:?:

I'm with you Mud... I should go down there (60 miles from me) and help him do that ! :grin:

Having done many transactions (buying and selling) both through ebay and craiglist, I have to disagree with some of the above comments. Never had a major problem, beyond a no-show from craigslist once, and a few rude emails.

Having done many transactions (buying and selling) both through ebay and craiglist, I have to disagree with some of the above comments. Never had a major problem, beyond a no-show from craigslist once, and a few rude emails.
No problem.

Jim,
There are some coin dealers who'll buy them for roughly three cents each.
the $80 in face would become $240. Try calling a few dealers in your area to see what they pay. You could probably get rid of them all at once without the hassle of selling them on eBay or in a lot of small lots.

I've been selling them on here for around $25-30 per thousand for dug wheats. I bet you can get around $35-40 for undug wheats. 1,000 fit perfectly in a small usps flat rate priority box for $8 shipping.

8000 Wheaties

Don't overlook the obvious. Try selling them here. with all these hunters, there have to be some who would be glad to buy them and NO charge for the sale.:yes:

I've been selling them on here for around $25-30 per thousand for dug wheats. I bet you can get around $35-40 for undug wheats. 1,000 fit perfectly in a small usps flat rate priority box for $8 shipping.

Don't overlook the obvious. Try selling them here. with all these hunters, there have to be some who would be glad to buy them and NO charge for the sale.:yes:

My last post mentioned that these were SOLD. Thanks for your suggestions Jamflicker & foreverRich

Jim

Back
Top Bottom