Equinox 600 best day

bergie

Forum Supporter
Had to go get a tire changed this morning on a vehicle I am selling. Stopped by the restaurant and caught up on all the local gossip. Had some high water last week figured I would go to down to the park and check it out. It washed a little bit of the walking path at one end no real damage. While I was there figured I might as well metal detecting around the swings. Wasn't planning on metal detecting there at all glad I did. I found two pennies a necklace with half a heart that says best on it. Found a little cheap kids ring and then the big gold came out of the ground. It is 1953 10k and says southeastern University on it weighs 17.5 g does have some initials in it can't quite make them out. Finally made it up to the tire shop and got the tire changed.:lol:

Attachments

• 006 (640x480).jpg
    006 (640x480).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 507
  • 005 (640x480).jpg
    005 (640x480).jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 465
  • 002 (640x480).jpg
    002 (640x480).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 472
  • 003 (640x480).jpg
    003 (640x480).jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 478
  • 007 (640x480).jpg
    007 (640x480).jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
Awesome gold strike! Congrats. That is a honker in anyone's book!

If they were 24 when they graduated college they would be 89 now. I think you have a keeper even if you could read the initials.

The other side of the heart said Friends.

Another DETECTOR success story. Many many machines will hit gold that huge. It is up to the user to decide it isn't a zinc penny and dig it. End of story.

I've had some days lately digging so much rusted iron that I'm happy to dig zinc pennies

Congrats on the heavyweight gold ring...excellent dig!
Thanks
That's a whopper of a gold class ring! It's old as well. Big Congrats!

beephead
Thanks
Awesome gold strike! Congrats. That is a honker in anyone's book!

If they were 24 when they graduated college they would be 89 now. I think you have a keeper even if you could read the initials.

The other side of the heart said Friends.
Thanks My wife figured them out DJB
Congrats!
Thanks
Really nice hunting! Congrats!
Thanks
Nice Honker of a ring.
Thanks for sharing.

Another Nox success story.
Thanks
Another DETECTOR success story. Many many machines will hit gold that huge. It is up to the user to decide it isn't a zinc penny and dig it. End of story.
It rang up 21-22 which is in the zinc penny range.

"Thanks My wife figured them out DJB"

Are you interested in trying to locate the owner? Shouldn't be that many folks with those initials that graduated that year.

Not saying you should or shouldn't. That is absolutely your call.

"Thanks My wife figured them out DJB"

Are you interested in trying to locate the owner? Shouldn't be that many folks with those initials that graduated that year.

Not saying you should or shouldn't. That is absolutely your call.

I am working on it as we speak. Contacted the University supposed to call me back.

Back
Top Bottom