Tot Lot Success

Seaking406

Elite Member
After getting a booter at the local beach and finding naught but a quarter, I decided it was time to move it inland until spring arrives (yeah it's been delayed up here for some reason).

So yesterday, in the 38'F weather, I tried two small playgrounds and managed to pick up a lot of nuts and bolts at the first one, and a couple of pennies, I decided that it was too new to have collected much, probably built in the last 3 yrs)..

the second playground had been around for about 15 yrs, and no sooner had I turned on the MD that it pinged on a Toonie hiding 4 inches deep.. As soon as I rested the MD down to dig out the first coin, it was pinging like crazy because it was resting on another coin, which turned out to be a coin spill of another Toonie and Loonie and pennies and dimes.. about $3.50 worth in newer coins, not deep at all..

There were so many coins to be dug out of the sod here that my Carrot's battery ran dry and I had to run out to purchase another 9v battery for it. (using the newly found but slightly muddy coins to pay for it ;)

Now THAT was a fun couple of hours digging in the dirt.. a few kids showed up, and then their dads, no doubt to double check that the kids were safe around 'that guy with the yellow doodad in his hands'.. Met some very nice people, had a fun time.. 'Tis what this is all about, right?

Not as impressive or as exciting of finding as many of you enjoy down south but fun..

Attached image is of what I had left after buying the battery. Now waiting for yet another winter storm pass by so we can go out again and get down and dirty with the 'yellow doodad stick' =)

Cheers

Attachments

• 92.jpg
    92.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 266
At first I didn't recognized the faint double beeps as being the battery warning signal, I had the pointer in the dirt and it had me chasing a phantom coins that was seemingly moving around the hole that I had dug until I placed it on the ground and it beeped twice again.. Fooled me! ;)

Back
Top Bottom