Unmolested!

BaldAssCat

Elite Member
I know of a spot where a row of houses once stood. They've been taken down and the cellar holes either filled in or removed so while I know they were there I didn't know exactly where there was. (Cellrdewllr: Not the same one's I mentioned to you. I haven't got out there yet.)

This weekend I found the spot and from the finds I don't think it's been hunted before. While the goodies aren't all mind blowing I'm having a good time digging them up. The woods are thick so I wander off the spot a lot but I've marked the well on my phone so when the finds start to dry up I can go back and start again. Without the GPS it would be a hunt for it every time.

My first find was a wheat. I couldn't read the date but it was promising. My next find was the best of the lot so far. A silver watch back. If the seller of this one is to be believed it's circa 1860s and was marketed to soldiers in the civil war. (a short way down this page)

http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/civilwarantiques/1210webcat.html

Not sure if that's true or not but I'm choosing to believe it.:D

I found a round ball and another wheat today that's not in the pics below but you get the idea. I have a whatsit that I'll post in the whatsit forum. Hopefully someone can help ID it.

Thanks for looking.

pileResize.jpg

watchBackResize.jpg

medalFrontResize.jpg

Great stuff you've found. Keep it up

I've been trying to locate some spots down here in CT where older houses used to be but now they've been removed, and probably 50 years ago planted in larch/pine.

Great stuff you've found. Keep it up

I've been trying to locate some spots down here in CT where older houses used to be but now they've been removed, and probably 50 years ago planted in larch/pine.

That's what happened here. To top that off the area in front of the woods was cleared down to sand so getting in is a walk through thorns. :wow:

Back
Top Bottom