Just a heads-up

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Not seen it here, but another forum I visit (not MD related) is getting hit by new members posting "tracking pixels" (generally on their 1st post).

I'd suggest not clicking links, and report suspicious looking threads to site staff, let them sort it out.

Not seen it here, but another forum I visit (not MD related) is getting hit by new members posting "tracking pixels" (generally on their 1st post).

I'd suggest not clicking links, and report suspicious looking threads to site staff, let them sort it out.

What does a tracking pixel look like?

Also called a 1x1 pixel it is a 1 pixel by 1 pixel usually one of those very small images in an email. I use the Chrome app PixelBlock.

Although, just for the record, you're being tracked at all times already. Even if you use a proxy. The Proxy may hide you from FMDF but that's it.

Good suggestion. Although we are one of very few forums that vets new applicants manually, some bad apples do get through occasionally. Members
are encouraged to report suspicious activity they see on this forum.

Some little pop-up Imogi that looks like a Repo Man? Maybe 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' with little wings? I bet GKL could make us one!:laughing:

David spotted your post and let me know, so guess what ?:laughing::laughing::laughing:

.....nothing too fancy, just a fairly quick edit :lol:
pixeltrackerman.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom