I Feel I got Hit by a Freight Train

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Yesterday was a killer day. Got up to go detecting at around 6:00. 6:10 the phone rings. A guy named Kevin and not my dive partner. I answer and find out there is a cell phone in a marina on the way to where I was going diving. Told him I would be there by 7:30. Kevin comes over and we load up his gear. Get to the marina and I suit up and get his phone that swam under the boat. It still worked great.

Go diving for two dives. AGAIN, Kevin finds the gold. A nice old 10K ring with a light purple stone in it. Very nice at 2.58 grams. I get silver. Don't blink! Smallest silver cross I have ever found. I also got a no date buffalo and a 44 wheat. One interesting find was the train flattened penny made into a pendant. I guess it was made when money was scarce. No clue as I can't tell if it is a wheat or an indian.

Get to the airport to pick up my grandchildren. Since they are unaccompanied minors I had to go to the gate. I always opt out of scanners. I won't touch one. I figured since I was just picking up my grandchildren I could leave my gun in the truck and keep my holster on. That worked but they seemed inconvenienced. Made me take it off to put it through the X-ray machine? LOL invisible gun I guess.

Got my grandsons and then went to a marina to get a pair of sunglasses. Got them and headed to my boat. Went out to Strawberry Island to get an anchor. Wind was blowing hard but we got anchored and I found it. Got home at 9:30. I was supposed to get another phone but she wasn't near her phone. Getting it at 10 today.

The sunglasses and the two phones were new calls yesterday. I got a nice payday with less than 15 minutes of playing. But today I am really hurting all over.

Last edited:
Pace yourself! Your health isn’t replaceable. Honestly, I ignore my health sometimes too and just push the limits. Sometimes we need to run ourselves ragged. Takes some time to recover, though.

What is your carry gun? I am a gun salesman at a local shop, so I am a gun geek and a detector nerd. Big hit with the ladies:laughing:

Pace yourself! Your health isn’t replaceable. Honestly, I ignore my health sometimes too and just push the limits. Sometimes we need to run ourselves ragged. Takes some time to recover, though.

What is your carry gun? I am a gun salesman at a local shop, so I am a gun geek and a detector nerd. Big hit with the ladies:laughing:

My carry weapon is a Springfield XDs 45. I have a S&W 9mm and a S&W 45 and a S&W Model 15 38 cal, and a found Taurus 357 also. The Taurus was in a lake over 40 years before I snagged it.

My Smiths are all older, All stainless except the Model 15 Combat Masterpiece

My carry weapon is a Springfield XDs 45. I have a S&W 9mm and a S&W 45 and a S&W Model 15 38 cal, and a found Taurus 357 also. The Taurus was in a lake over 40 years before I snagged it.

My Smiths are all older, All stainless except the Model 15 Combat Masterpiece

Nice! I really like wheel guns. I carry autos, but when shooting for enjoyment, I really like my Ruger single actions.

What a long day!! I feel your pain, been replacing a stockade fence....shoulders to toes ache .........going on almost a week. No hunting...:(.......hope I come out of this in better shape. Good Luck to you!

Does the old lipstick work.:laughing:

You know I was thinking about that!! It has been underwater since at least 1963. That is was 55 years ago and it still has lipstick on the tube. Didn't have a top on it when I found it. So it has been under water for a very long time exposed.

And women put that on their lips? :laughing:

I am not going to test it!

You know I was thinking about that!! It has been underwater since at least 1963. That is was 55 years ago and it still has lipstick on the tube. Didn't have a top on it when I found it. So it has been under water for a very long time exposed.

And women put that on their lips? :laughing:

I am not going to test it!

Sorry, not my color. :lol:

The steel key belongs on the bath house tags. I find them attached, fused to and separate from the tags. The ring is brass unfortunately. Just a heavy junker. Kevin can shine them up to look like gold. I add them to my junk drawer.

NO, I won't try to please Mud or anyone and model lipstick. I draw the line at using woman's makeup and cloths.

Just got the cell phone I missed getting last night. Found everything I was hired to find. A good couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom