Charging HF Deus coil

KiowaRd

Forum Supporter
I noticed the last time I charged the elliptical HF coil that the light stayed on for a very long time and I finally just disconnected it from the charger. It did seem to be fully charged. So today I've been watching the time and so far it's been on the charger for over five hours and the light is still on solid, never has begun the on / off sequence like it's supposed to when fully charged.

Anyone else have this issue?

I noticed the last time I charged the elliptical HF coil that the light stayed on for a very long time and I finally just disconnected it from the charger. It did seem to be fully charged. So today I've been watching the time and so far it's been on the charger for over five hours and the light is still on solid, never has begun the on / off sequence like it's supposed to when fully charged.

Anyone else have this issue?

It will take longer to charge HF coil batteries as they are higher capacity vs LF coil batteries.

How long has battery been utilized since last charge?

Just came home from town, it's been almost 8 hours now and the light was still on solid. I just went ahead and took the charger off. I charged it last weekend, pretty much the same thing but didn't keep track of the time but it was several hours. I since have only used the unit for maybe four hours, hard to tell. But it was showing one bar down on the control module.

Just came home from town, it's been almost 8 hours now and the light was still on solid. I just went ahead and took the charger off. I charged it last weekend, pretty much the same thing but didn't keep track of the time but it was several hours. I since have only used the unit for maybe four hours, hard to tell. But it was showing one bar down on the control module.

Something is wrong.
May be a bad battery.

Just a heads up. When done charging always remove clip. Don't unplug charger from wall and leave charger connected to coil battery terminals.

I always do that. I'll try to keep track of how long it goes before it shows the battery going down some. Will prolly be several short hunts, the heat and high humidity is pretty tough on this old fella.

Cleaning the contact points on the search coil is helpful in getting a good charging contact. Wiping them really good with a micro fiber cloth works well.

beephead

...it's been almost 8 hours now and the light was still on solid. I just went ahead and took the charger off. I charged it last weekend, pretty much the same thing but didn't keep track of the time but it was several hours. I since have only used the unit for maybe four hours, hard to tell. But it was showing one bar down on the control module.

KiowaRD, did you get this resolved?

Old thread, but I'm having the same issues. Have been for some time. I have been reluctant to send it in as I sent in my last HF Ellip. coil three times, battery replaced two or three times, then coil replaced (similar issues). Have not wanted to send in again as with all the shipping cost, this coil has cost me much more than the initial purchase price. With both coils, the issues began right out of the box (new).

Sending new (warranty replaced) coil in soon.

Charge indication seems to not be functioning. Issue is intermittent, but most of the time. When charging, light on coil stays solid for 5 hrs and even over night.

Coil usually down one indication bar even after charging for an excessive amount of hours. Coil now drops from 2/3 to 1/3 charge indication after a three hour hunt in 30kHz.

KiowaRD, did you get this resolved?

Old thread, but I'm having the same issues. Have been for some time. I have been reluctant to send it in as I sent in my last HF Ellip. coil three times, battery replaced two or three times, then coil replaced (similar issues). Have not wanted to send in again as with all the shipping cost, this coil has cost me much more than the initial purchase price. With both coils, the issues began right out of the box (new).

Sending new (warranty replaced) coil in soon.

Charge indication seems to not be functioning. Issue is intermittent, but most of the time. When charging, light on coil stays solid for 5 hrs and even over night.

Coil usually down one indication bar even after charging for an excessive amount of hours. Coil now drops from 2/3 to 1/3 charge indication after a three hour hunt in 30kHz.
Some health issues have kept me out of the field for a while now so haven't really played with it.

I am sorry to hear that. All the best in your health and recovery. I'll update the thread after I send my coil in for repairs and test. Be well and take care.

Mike

I have had the same issue with the charge lite staying on all the time while charging, never going into blinking mode. So I have been charging it over night (all night) for now till I send it in per warranty.

Ive had mine do that a few times. But never seemed to hurt the coil or the battery. I just unplug it after 5 hrs or so and its always full charged and good to go.

My round HF coil charges in about 4 hours if battery is empty. Never had a problem with charging. If not fully charged after 5 hours I'd say the battery is probably bad.

Back
Top Bottom