Looking for a battery charger to do electrolysis

I think mine might go up to like 15 amp but you get the point. Super adjustable so you can fine tune to the object size and composition, or simply how much time you have to be around to check it. Sometimes I put a piece in real low while I go to work. Sometimes i crank her up on heavy iron and keep an eye on it.

Hey, Truth. I don't know where you got the info to use baking soda, but it's wrong. You need to use washing soda. It can be found in the laundry detergent isle. You might want to be careful using salt, depending on what material you're trying to clean up.

Roger

For rust removal this is correct.

Anything that makes the water conductive does work to some degree but may not be optimal for the Electro Chemistry involved.

Best for Ferrous is sodium hydroxide and second is sodium carbonate (washing soda), third is sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) last is sodium chloride (common table salt). These also change the pH of the solution which effects the chemistry.

There is a STICKY at the TOP of this sub-forum with a link to a paper detailing the process. Good read to understand what the electroysis is doing and why.

I use this Schumacher manual charger. 32 bucks on ebay.

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 307
I use this Schumacher manual charger. 32 bucks on ebay.

Thank you so much I’ll look into it. I got something I rigged up and got the job done. Finally got this key done I found at a rev war fort in New Orleans.
7614d2157e0049dd5e8108f468af27d9.jpg
c5ed1e13e8e85b0d0e5d8223ae73d3cb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom