I Got This Site Lined Up To Detect

beephead

Elite Member
The chimney and the other standing building are about 40 yards apart. It's easy detecting around the site, but it's hell to get to the site. I'm not sure how old it is, but I'm pretty sure that it has never been detected. I plan on detecting it Sunday if the rain holds off.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 650
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 644
  • IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 607
Can’t wait to see your results! GL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its that tough to get to I would plan on camping out there a few nights.

That would be Friggen Awesome to hike in with a full pack, Camp out, wake up in the cold,

start up the coffee and a small breakfast then start detecting being able to take your time

and take a coffee break when you want.............. Sorry for the rant, I`m an outdoor type,

LOL.

Cant wait to see your finds. :thumbsup:

Looks like an incredible site to hunt. I hunt a lot of old homestead/townsite areas but they are typically in the late 1800s to early 1900s age and this looks much older. Good luck and looking forward to some pics of finds!

The site is way back in the sticks. I sure wouldn't take my SUV back there. My little brother said he'd take me and my hunting buddy back there and come back and pick us after he does some rabbit hunting. I've never really done any relic hunting, so this going to be a new experience for me.

Here's a video of us leaving the site. I stopped filming when we finally got back to a gravel road. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYa85LPJMoA&feature=youtu.be

Man! I sure like the looks of that place! Way back in the puckerbrush you say? What a great location to try to figure out!...Some Family long ago scrabbling out a living? Yeah...camp out if you can...that old dirt will speak to you..You got the gear and skills to work it right and do it justice! Go Beephead!

I'd deff build a cool little cabin right there around that chimney with whats left of that place...you got the timbers and tin...I'd stay there all Winter...gotta be a well or spring and for sure the outhouse to dig up...

Yeah...thats really something there...somebody hauled all those brick in from some nearby kiln..had to been a road going through...I seen some bamboo in your vid even...A guy could get in there and really make a nice little cabin with what is on hand....

...Its captured my interest...I wouldnt even hunt the place, just make something really cool back in there if I could stop in and spend a few nights from time to time...

Last edited:
Hey Mud, I've got Lance going with me. He's the relic hunter, so I might get to learn something from him. I've got a good sense at figuring things out. That house with the remaining chimney was there long before all those trees that now surround it. There had to be a garden, a outhouse, a place for the mules and good source of water etc. That house site was chosen for good reasons and not just by chance. My brother got a look inside of the remaining shed/house before it collapsed. He said it had a dirt floor and there were books and music sheets. I don't think it is as old as the house with the remaining standing chimney. I wonder if the old house burned or just rotted away?

beephead

Well, I'd say it probably burned...of course with a quick sweep or two you will know for sure the evidence of a fire...anyway, with a machete, shovel, bow saw, axe, hammer, brace and bit drill, a few other basics, a guy could make something really cool back in there!...Good gosh almighty! I cant wait to see what this site holds for you!

Now *THIS* is some treasure hunting! Good luck beephead that looks like quite the adventure. Can't wait to see what you uncover

Awesome looking place. Definitely check around all sides of the chimney with your detector. Never know what could be hiding in a loose brick. Can't wait to see the results from that place.

I'm going to post some more pictures that I took that day. I wished that I would have video taped the site. I'm curious to know how old this house might be. See the daffodils in one of the pictures. I thought my nephew about daffodils not being a indigenous plant and if he sees them out in the woods that there's likely to be the remains of an old home place nearby.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0333.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_0328.jpg
    IMG_0328.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_0339.jpg
    IMG_0339.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_0340.jpg
    IMG_0340.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 528
Looks like a good spot beephead.. good luck and post what you find..

When did they make sheet metal like in your pic ?

I don't know. I know when I lived with my grandparents in their old house that the smoke house and shed were built at least 50 years after the house was. I've seen where old sheds had new tin roofs put on them. I was hoping someone could date the standing chimney on the house. At any rate, we'll know more about it this coming Sunday when we start digging.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom