My Rev War Site finds ... so far!

PAJim

Haven't had much time to post lately. Been randomly hitting my Rev War site over the past couple months while the fields are cut. Last trip found two dropped Brown Bess musket balls. Interesting area, I have found musket balls, buttons, coins (1700's through 1940's) plus a silver mens wedding band from the 1920's. Guess that's why I love this hobby .... you never know whats gonna end up under your coil.

Attachments

• IMG_7028.jpg
    IMG_7028.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_7080.jpg
    IMG_7080.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 512
very nice. we have old revolutionary sights around here.... mostly west of Gettysburg. pretty much all private land. and posted!!!

very nice. we have old revolutionary sights around here.... mostly west of Gettysburg. pretty much all private land. and posted!!!

Rev spots are hard to get on! This property is private so I'm very lucky to have permission to detect it. It's starting to be a challenge finding more relics but I believe it still holds a few. Spent a couple hours there yesterday and pulled two more musket balls but they were hiding in some heavy iron.

Rev spots are hard to get on! This property is private so I'm very lucky to have permission to detect it. It's starting to be a challenge finding more relics but I believe it still holds a few. Spent a couple hours there yesterday and pulled two more musket balls but they were hiding in some heavy iron.
I tried finding books with wagon trails that they used..... but the dotted lines are so ????? they never tell you its between or close to a certain road. around Gettysburg I come up with lots of good stuff. I started an album. I'm hoping to soon add some colonial objects. keep up the good work!

Hi Jim. My brother Steve and I have access to a couple rev sites. It's certainly our favorite hunting. One thing we've learned over a couple years of searching these early sites. They always hold more. I can't tell you how many times we've gone back over locations after we've pounded them and yet still pop out a couple more balls, buttons or Farthings. We've found that the day after a rain is best. What program are you using on your CTX ??? If you'd ever consider having a couple die hard rev guys join you, we'd love to hunt another location. We would certainly return the favor. Just PM me.

Back
Top Bottom