Jamflicker Silver Highlights Silver Streak

jack&jill

Elite Member
Thought it was time to update my latest adventures. Happy to report my Silver streak has continued for every outing of 2022 and is now at 10 which includes my last hunt of last year. Had 3 outings since my last thread. And again I went back to my childhood haunts for the first two. The first was another park where I played ball in the late fifty's and early sixties. I again was blessed to be accompanied with Dewsweeper on this adventure. The tough part was the conditions of which were out in were very uncomfortable to say the least, brutal. On and off freezing rain with high winds kept us both cold and wet and running for cover in our vehicles. Still going back in history did add two Rosie's to my count. The first that day was a first in my digging history. I dug my first Jamflicker Silver coin. After almost 1800 Silver dug coins I have my first cut Silver. Don't think I will ever catch Jason on this aspect but it is neat to finally get one. The seconded outing was at a permission at a home two houses from where I grew up. The same family were not the residents after almost 60 years but the new ones gave my their blessing to scan the yard. Was limited on time but covered about a third of the yard and put two more Rosie's into the coffers and a invite to come back. The best part of this hunt was the conversation with these people about the history of the old neighborhood. The last hunt was another permission only local. This one I added a Washington and a Merc to the count. The 6 Silvers now has the FTY count standing at 27. Thank you all for viewing. On to the next. Trapper

Attachments

• 4-30-22 .jpg
    4-30-22 .jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 498
  • 5-4--22 .jpg
    5-4--22 .jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 466
  • 5-7-22 .jpg
    5-7-22 .jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 498
You KNOW jamflicker must be good, if his name becomes synonymous with "silver", haha

And I will tell you the same thing I tell him : You do not get a full atteboy for cut coins. We will only grant you an atteboy, if you go out and find the missing piece. Tsk tsk :laughing:

Trapper, if anyone could have a good silver streak, it would be you. Ten hunts in a row to finding silver is no easy task. Glad to hear you went back to your roots to rediscover the early days. I done the same too. But yours was a bit more productive. Congrats on the six additional silvers to bring your new fty total to 27!

You KNOW jamflicker must be good, if his name becomes synonymous with "silver", haha

And I will tell you the same thing I tell him : You do not get a full atteboy for cut coins. We will only grant you an atteboy, if you go out and find the missing piece. Tsk tsk :laughing:

Tom, Jamflicker IS that good. In fact, i will use this opportunity to refer to the revised checklist compiled by ToySoldier to see if a hunt is worthy of a Jamflicker Hunt title.

JamFlicker!Metal Detecting Checklist (2020 Edition)™

_____Multiple silver coins
_____Silver jewelry
_____Whimsical mid-century relics
_____Pile of wheats
_____Marble
_____Indian Head Penny
_____War or Pre-Jefferson Nickel
_____Lawnmower cut penny or dime
_____Bonus point for one carefully composed picture of these finds
_____Bonus point for succinct hunt write-up with no location clues

Total ______ (scale of 0 to 10)

Congrats on keeping the streak alive and adding 6 more silvers to the coffers Trapper. 10 in a row ain't too shabby. Keep it going. Good luck. Mark

Nice reel mower sliced silver...surprised it took over 1700 silvers for you to find one:shock: Congrats on the 3 good hunts and carrying the silver streak into double digits. Nice digging Trapper!

It is without a doubt Jamflicker is good Tom. I was inspired by him and Dan to help guide me to my in my pursuit of Silver. As far as clipped Silver we will be on the opposite side of the fence. I count all 40% halves and 35% War Nickels so I will not be prejudice with my only clipped Silver coin. Heck I can even read the last twp digits of the date.
Fantastic finds!
Appreciate your reply Vic, thank you. While the coins are not anything special, but being Silver they do count.
Trapper, if anyone could have a good silver streak, it would be you. Ten hunts in a row to finding silver is no easy task. Glad to hear you went back to your roots to rediscover the early days. I done the same too. But yours was a bit more productive. Congrats on the six additional silvers to bring your new fty total to 27!
Thank you John for your comments. Being kinda picky with the sites I have been hunting has truly allowed this streak to build. I feel very proud that I can and do have a very good memory of locations as they were 60 years back. Only wish I would not have to drive a couple of hours just to visit the area I grew up in. Trapper

Fantastic post and silver finds Trapper! I can imagine the conversation was good, the weather on the other hand sounds harsh indeed. Congrats on the silver streak, and the clipped Jam-Rosie.

Awesome hunting and way to find that silver every hunt Trapper. Thanks for the cut coin naming, I feel honored. Crazy that's your first one after that many silver coins. Maybe I'll post all my cut and mangled silver I've found over the years. Gotta be around 100 I would guess.

Don't worry Trapper, I've missed out on lots of atteboys over the years but it's harder to find those cut ones.

Tom, Jamflicker IS that good. In fact, i will use this opportunity to refer to the revised checklist compiled by ToySoldier to see if a hunt is worthy of a Jamflicker Hunt title.

JamFlicker!Metal Detecting Checklist (2020 Edition)™

_____Multiple silver coins
_____Silver jewelry
_____Whimsical mid-century relics
_____Pile of wheats
_____Marble
_____Indian Head Penny
_____War or Pre-Jefferson Nickel
_____Lawnmower cut penny or dime
_____Bonus point for one carefully composed picture of these finds
_____Bonus point for succinct hunt write-up with no location clues

Total ______ (scale of 0 to 10)
Haha nice!

What happened to Jamflicker!? Miss his silver posts.
I'm around and detecting, almost to 100 silver coins for the year. Just got tired of posting and trying to keep up. Still post on instagram and the California facebook group.

I've hunted with Jamflicker before. He just stands there and commands the silver to pop-up out of the ground. It's a sight to see.

I'm around and detecting, almost to 100 silver coins for the year. Just got tired of posting and trying to keep up. Still post on instagram and the California facebook group.

It's reassuring to know you're out there summoning silver out of the ground. It's even more reassuring to know you're doing it thousands of miles away from me.

What happened to Jamflicker!? Miss his silver posts.
Appreciate your reply Metal. I think a lot of Forum members have that same emptiness as Jason has been a inspiration for a lot of us including myself. His Silver numbers have been and continue to be nothing short of fantastic as I know he is still very active in this hobby.
Nice update Trapper. I always enjoy your posts!
Thank you Tyler. Like in my reply to Metal, Jason has been a inspiration for many. His accomplishments are breathtaking and he set standards that few will ever match. I myself consider him to be a very good friend.
Nice hunting Trapper and a great write up as well, Congrats!
Appreciate your comments Ron, thank you. Chasing my childhood memories have kinda lit a little fire in me and its been a lot of fun going back in time viewing my history and seeing 60 years later where it all is today. Trapper

It's reassuring to know you're out there summoning silver out of the ground. It's even more reassuring to know you're doing it thousands of miles away from me.

Haha, yes, same here : I told Jamflicker many times that he is now allowed north of the Santa Barbara line. We don't want him in our part of CA ! :laughing:

Good to see you posting again Jack and congrats on your first cut silver!
Awesome! now go let's got get the next one amigo!

Nice finds Trapper, while they are more modern silvers, they are still SILVERS!!! Getting harder to find, glad your streak is still intact!

Back
Top Bottom