Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 05-12-2022, 12:44 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post
Get some goats. Lol

Seriously something has to change. This cant keep going as it is.
Balloon has to pop.
I want my govm't issued stimulus goat! save money on yard cutting

Old 05-12-2022, 01:36 PM

Too much money in circulation that was never worked for lessens the value of all money.

Gimme dats at work!

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:00 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by GeoW View post
Too much money in circulation that was never worked for lessens the value of all money.

Gimme dats at work!
Bingo

Old 05-12-2022, 06:27 PM
24K Larry

Originally Posted by Beachhunt1 View post
Yup, I see the same thing.
Also, for me personally. The headphones and shaft are not usable in my location. I am slightly pissed about this in combination with the price of the detector.
I do not consider the Anderson shaft a good replacement, so I wait.
I know the antenna on mine started wicking water the first day in a couple hours. Now will the antenna rot out? I am buying a spare just in case. And a roll of electric tape in case the o ring that holds the antenna on the coil breaks.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:14 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by woodbutcher View post
What's going on in November?
mid-term voting for house and senate!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:24 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by KOB View post
A Revolution , Silence of the Lambs , Elimination of the woke jokes !
right! a "hatchet" job! woot!...woot!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Old 05-13-2022, 03:57 PM
Elite Member

D2 is too pricey. It would have to be a game changer to hit the sales if the Equinox.
I was a Garrett fan, still am but the Minelab is Super good Alien Technology!👽

Old 05-14-2022, 06:41 PM
Elite Member

I have been keeping track of forum sales. 3 used D2's sold so far. 1 Legend [calabash] Makes you go Hummmmmm.
Number 4 D2 on the Classified Forums right now.............

Old 05-14-2022, 07:36 PM
24K Larry

Number 4 D2 on the Classified Forums right now.............
I still think the drama of youtube vids telling everyone their CTX and Equinox now sux totally killed the sales by ticking people off. One of the last youtube vids i watched they found a gold ring. Now the new detector is a legend after 5 beach hunts and a gold ring. I dug a deep gold ring with the CTX the first day i turned it on. You think it's easy until it's not.

Old 05-14-2022, 10:58 PM
Supporter

Another one of my buddies just bought the DII with 9" coil. Can you believe I had a 4 silver day with that dinosaur Equinox 800. I'm perfectly happy to keep plodding along with it until I see what Minelabs going to be bringing to the table. The sooner the better hopefully.

Years detecting: (5) Equinox 800 (2), Coiltek Equinox 10x5, XP Deus, Garrett Carrots. Oldest coins: 1851 Seated Dime, 1863 IHP, 1865 IHP, 1867 2 Cent Piece. Total silver coins found: 150, 2022 silver coins: 32

Old 05-15-2022, 06:13 AM
Supporter

I think the sales of new used detectors are interpreted wrongly by some. Many I believe are like me. I used to buy the newest tech in hopes of a game-changer. Buying it first has the advantage of holding resale value better. I buy it, try it, and unless it meets my expectations. I would sell it. Many are just getting the Equinox 800 and I've gone through 3 already. Why 3? Sometimes I fall for the hype and think maybe I just didn't give it a fair chance, or I learn something new and fill it might make a difference.

I seldom rely on the reviews of others. Sorry, and I do appreciate the effort to do a review, I just know they seldom reflect what results I'll get. I must put it in my hands and test it on my grounds to make a valid decision for myself.

So far I still have my E-Trac which was a true game-changer for me. I also have the Deus I mainly because, in my opinion, the best ergonomics on the market and I love a really light detector. Someday I hope to find that one detector that can do the job of both my E-Trac, for deep coins, and my Deus for tot lot gold. The search continues.

Old 05-15-2022, 12:18 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Detector View post
I think the sales of new used detectors are interpreted wrongly by some. Many I believe are like me. I used to buy the newest tech in hopes of a game-changer. Buying it first has the advantage of holding resale value better. I buy it, try it, and unless it meets my expectations. I would sell it. Many are just getting the Equinox 800 and I've gone through 3 already. Why 3? Sometimes I fall for the hype and think maybe I just didn't give it a fair chance, or I learn something new and fill it might make a difference.

I seldom rely on the reviews of others. Sorry, and I do appreciate the effort to do a review, I just know they seldom reflect what results I'll get. I must put it in my hands and test it on my grounds to make a valid decision for myself.

So far I still have my E-Trac which was a true game-changer for me. I also have the Deus I mainly because, in my opinion, the best ergonomics on the market and I love a really light detector. Someday I hope to find that one detector that can do the job of both my E-Trac, for deep coins, and my Deus for tot lot gold. The search continues.
So, what you are saying is some people who bought the D2 found out it did not meet their expectations?

I think that is what we are all thinking............

Your logic of resale value is flawed. You never come out on top buy new and selling used. Buying new used and selling used, is a much smaller hit.

Old 05-15-2022, 02:34 PM
On Vacation...

So, what you are saying is some people who bought the D2 found out it did not meet their expectations?

Your logic of resale value is flawed. You never come out on top buy new and selling used. Buying new used and selling used, is a much smaller hit.

I buy every new detector released to try it myself. The only one Ive sold at a loss was the Deus 2 11, and that was because I was inpatient and only selling it to try the 9 coil out which I think you have included in your count. Youd be surprised how many people dont know squat about detector shopping and pay MSRP, especially when you get out of forums and into local metal detecting groups on Facebook. If I was patient with the 11 D2 I could have easily made at least $50 factoring in shipping. But I wanted it sold in a day, of which it did.

Old 05-15-2022, 03:03 PM
Supporter

Yes. I buy it when it is hot on the market and hard to get. I give it my tests and generally know within a week or so if it meets my needs. If not, its on the market and I have never had a problem selling one for at least what I paid.

I have always gotten my money back and sometimes even more. When you buy a new one when people are having a tough time getting one, selling it for the same price, and higher is not hard at all. I paid less for my Equinox 800s new than I see they are selling for now used.

Old 05-16-2022, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by KOB View post
I can tell you with 100% certainty the ONLY reason I will not purchase one is BECAUSE of one ex-member and one current member. XP are you listening ?
Not buying something because of 2 members of a forum? Seek professional help

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:30 AM
On Vacation...

Originally Posted by metaladdict View post
D2 is too pricey.
I'd just read another thread about a user having trouble with the clock on his.

A clock? Why in the world does a detector need a clock?

No wonder it costs $1600

Old 05-16-2022, 05:32 AM
On Vacation...

Originally Posted by Thebigd81 View post
I'd offer the same advice for those who would purchase on the advice of the same duo.

Old 05-16-2022, 08:24 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Gauntlet View post
I'd offer the same advice for those who would purchase on the advice of the same duo.
Exactly. I never said I wouldn't buy a D2. I wouldn't and still won't because of those 2. I would because of a few trusted hunters I know. I think it's clear though to many out there by now. Appears that your are hearing about problems every other week on the D2. And for $1600 , I myself don't want to deal with any of that. It's not worth what they are asking.

Old 05-16-2022, 10:41 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Thebigd81 View post
Ditto.

USAF veteran with over 22 years active service

Old 05-16-2022, 11:01 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Gauntlet View post
I'd just read another thread about a user having trouble with the clock on his.

A clock? Why in the world does a detector need a clock?

No wonder it costs $1600
There are several reasons. For one, depending on how someone detects, wearing a wrist watch can cause a problem because it'll interfere with the detector. I think this is more common with gold hunters, when they're "halving" with their hand or a plastic scoop.

Another reason is that some hunters turn off their phones to reduce interference issues.

So no wrist watch and no turned on phone, but they want to quickly know what time it is. I suppose an option is buying or making a pocket watch or taping a watch to the detector itself, but having a clock on the detector is more conveninent for some people.