Help with a find in my yard.

JoehinVT

Sort of new to the metal detecting world so forgive me if this is an obvious item...I use my yard to learn the basics of my detector and I found some really cool things! A 1957 Franklin half dollar silver is the best so far but I also found an 1880 s Canadian militia button also! But these two items have me curious and I cannot seem to figure out what they are ..... it seems my yard is littered with them....brass? I believe?.. thanks in advance
05dc76cbac50e92482a70910ee9f380f.jpg
08333c2e57b8f120b72368e73799f051.jpg
44a4795839da0c6d6947203706db7df8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I assumed some kind of nut...Maybe electrical? Different sizes.....And I actually found about a dozen in all.... Was just hoping too get a tiny bit more info than that... lol
They seem to have some kind of gasket..which you can see I scraped off on the inside of one of them.

Arrgggg.... I know I've seen those before but can't quite place them. I think you are right about it being electrical related. Maybe part of an old gang box or something like that from the knob & tube days but not certain. I'm sure someone will nail it here soon enough and I'll slap myself in the head for not remembering.

Actually I think it's part of a ceiling light mount. The nut goes inside the gang box and the port for the light will thread into it from the bottom. Wire will run through the hole in the center. Not positive what the official name is and could be wrong but it's my best guess.

I thought they looked like a lamp part... But didn't think that way because of the VOLUME of them in the yard...I have found almost a dozen! lol
Thanks everyone for the replys!

It's a locking nut from a Model T Ford.

The infamous valve stem dust covers we all find screw down onto it.

Part N in on the diagram

Attachments

• IMG_5665.jpg
    IMG_5665.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_5666.jpg
    IMG_5666.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 311
It's a locking nut from a Model T Ford.

The infamous valve stem dust covers we all find screw down onto it.

Part N in on the diagram

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!! Thanks so much!!! what makes it better is I manage a tire store!! lol
(Before anyone passes judgement these are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY before my time! lol)

I'm disappointed in myself. I should have recognized those as I have some on my car! I have been told I have a wealth of knowledge; unfortunately, I am unable to make a withdrawal!:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom