So what is your "semi holy grail" coin?

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
I mean the one that you should be able to find but just haven't...yet.

Mine is a Barber anything, don't know why I haven't come across one yet, I have hunted a few sites where they have been found before but so far no joy.
I ain't complaining so don't get me wrong, I recently found my first SLQ, I also found a seated dime, a walker half, 2 Benjamin's on one hunt and don't think I don't consider myself blessed to have found a Peace Dollar but so far no Barber.
I have been looking for this coin in earnest for 3 years now, maybe this year will be the one...I hope.

I got Barber Q's and D's! I want a Peace Dollar and a SLQ!:laughing:

That Seated Half is becoming my dream coin pretty hard too...
Mud

Over a thousand silvers and I've never found a silver Kennedy Half...dug the Franklin, Walker, Barber and Seated, but no JFK, not even a 40%er...pitiful:laughing:

A gold coin! Any gold coin!

beephead

Well of course.:laughing:
But this is so rare that I would put it in the holiest of holy grail status.
I hope to find one someday too, I figure if I ever do it would be a lost piece of jewelry in a bezel but to find an actual lost "feral" coin of any kind would be a dream come true.
The bigger ones should be obvious, I dig all the solid foil signals always hoping to come across just one tiny dollar coin.
So far just foil.

Well of course.:laughing:
But this is so rare that I would put it in the holiest of holy grail status.
I hope to find one someday too, I figure if I ever do it would be a lost piece of jewelry in a bezel but to find an actual lost "feral" coin of any kind would be a dream come true.
The bigger ones should be obvious, I dig all the solid foil signals always hoping to come across the tiny dollar coin.
So far just foil.

Since you put it that way, how bout a seated anything? ;)

I suspect theres 5 lost gold coins within a mile of each of our houses, some are under streets or parking lots, in deep water, but they are there none the less...It would be a dream find for sure to get coil over a wild straggler just once! 'Dr Tones' vids are crazy stupid with dug gold coins!:laughing:
Mud

This will seem strange and its not my "holy grail" but I would like to dig a merc or buffalo. I have dug an LC, barber quarter and dimes, walker half, reale, vnickel, Indians but have yet to dig any more modern silver. The only silver rosie I have came from the coinstar.

A Walking Liberty Half!

I want a Peace Dollar and a SLQ!:laughing:

That Seated Half is becoming my dream coin pretty hard too...
Mud

Over a thousand silvers and I've never found a silver Kennedy Half...dug the Franklin, Walker, Barber and Seated, but no JFK, not even a 40%er...pitiful:laughing:

Any large cent.

Got it
Got it
Need it
Need it
Also need a seated half.
Well, I don't actually need one...just want one really bad. :lol:

This will seem strange and its not my "holy grail" but I would like to dig a merc or buffalo. I have dug an LC, barber quarter and dimes, walker half, reale, vnickel, Indians but have yet to dig any more modern silver. The only silver rosie I have came from the coinstar.

Ok, that is weird, with your track record they will probably show up soon.

I suspect theres 5 lost gold coins within a mile of each of our houses, some are under streets or parking lots, in deep water, but they are there none the less...It would be a dream find for sure to get coil over a wild straggler just once! 'Dr Tones' vids are crazy stupid with dug gold coins!:laughing:
Mud

The old park I hunt within walking distance almost every day is old enough.
Ryanchappell is convinced there has to be a gold coin somewhere in this big park and if there is I have the tools and skills to find it.
From his mouth to God's ear.:D

Peace Dollar. I think they are a beautiful coin and just to find that big piece of silver and hold it in your hand would be amazing

Peace Dollar. I think they are a beautiful coin and just to find that big piece of silver and hold it in your hand would be amazing

Found one last year.
I still can't believe it, still hold it in my hand from time to time just to feel the weight.
Hard to believe people used to carry these heavy coins and Morgans around in their pockets daily.

Don't think only silver coins should be listed here, either.
I once found a beautiful 1865 2 center on a club hunt back in Kansas.
A couple of other members said they heard someone screaming and yelling during this hunt on private, usually off limits, property.
That was me.

Still would love to find a trime, too.

Back
Top Bottom