Wheat to silver ratio

canman678

I have read in various places where many hunters are getting around 5 wheats to every silver. So far, my ratio is 46 to 1 and climbing. Hopefully I can find some better places this year to knock the ratio down some. GL all.

i would say im probably around 12-1 but you never know really. sometimes i go 20-1 or sometimes i go 5-1. Also depends if im just digging solid silver signals or wheat signals as well

I'm new at it but I am 26 wheetie to 3 dimes and I was feeling bad about that, now I feel better:D

I'm new at it but I am 26 wheetie to 3 dimes and I was feeling bad about that, now I feel better

While finding Wheat pennies is a great clue to an area that may hold Silver it may not always be the case. A pair of MD'ers I new of 20 years ago never kept any pennies and strictly took the silver. From my understanding that was more the practice back then.

Keep at it, if you just find one more silver coin it will cut the percentage in half. Good luck! Jack

I finished 2012 with 187 Wheats and 101 silver coins. I think that is a pretty good ratio because I always dig the Wheat signals. This year so far I have 6 silvers and only 2 Wheaties. That is sort of weird!

I never Have #s like this but im at 130 wheats and 83 silver since Nov. 25. 23 straight hunts with silver.

3 to 1 or better for me...My first season in 2011, I had 346 wheats and 122 silvers, a little better than 3-1...In 2012, I dug 707 wheats and 255 silvers to keep that ratio under 3-1. So far this year, 14 wheats and 15 silvers...

While finding Wheat pennies is a great clue to an area that may hold Silver it may not always be the case. A pair of MD'ers I new of 20 years ago never kept any pennies and strictly took the silver. From my understanding that was more the practice back then.

Keep at it, if you just find one more silver coin it will cut the percentage in half. Good luck! Jack

If your ratio is significantly more that 5 to 1, then you are probably hunting behind some cherry pickers! I also think sometimes, they would leave mercs behind and only dig the slightly higher toned Rosies and quarters.

I have only found 3 silver quarters to 40 something silver dimes, while still finding 3 WLHs, and probably about 300 wheats. My Barber dimes came in like pennies. I think the old cherry pickers would leave the halves, because most the time that signal is a can lid or piece of copper pipe!

I finished 2012 (from 20 March) with 593 copper old coins and 47 silver coins. And a lot of modernly coins (from 50th). So, it's 7% (silver) from all.

For about the last month 0-0 in frozen taundra buried in a foot and half of snow. I did get 5 silvers to prob 10 wheats in my limited time this year. I'd kill to dig a wheat out of the ground right now.

At grounds I'm hunting now built in 63 2 wheats 1 sliver Washington

Back
Top Bottom