Did I miss this thread about Mark DesErmia?

Bummer, I can see how that is a difficult situation if you don't have the $$$ for SeaTow. I would think there would be an environmental exception/caveat that would come into play here as the boat would continue to break to pieces over time, possibly losing parts, cushions, hatches, fiberglass, and biggest of all - oil and fuel if something got compromised.

Can't really figure out why he wouldn't try salvage what he could from it though - props, parts, even his personal items from inside the boat, had to be some chance to get around it during the new moon low tides. Maybe he did and the pictures are just from the first few days with it on shore. Seems like it was on shore for almost a week before they took it away.

Towing insurance in Michigan is 76.00 a year. A great piece of mind in case something happens. I lost my starter last year when a bolt broke. Had it towed in at no cost to me.

Looks like that was a sweet boat. Sorry for his loss.

I didn't get a bill for my sunk boat in 1989. I sold it to a coworker from New York city. He sunk it. I never got paid the $500. He owed. Oh well.:roll:

Back
Top Bottom