New here -- hi!

Lulu

Hi all!

I'm new to the forum and new-ish to metal detecting. I'm in Garland, TX (just east of Dallas) and running a Fisher Gold Bug Pro with the 5" puck coil. Considering upping to a larger coil (maybe the CORS Scout) as I'm currently hunting a lot of parks with large open expanses. Mostly interested in coins and relics, although I don't turn my nose up at jewelry or anything else either -- the fun is in the hunt:D

Look forward to getting to know you folks and maybe finding a local hunting/digging buddy!

Being new to metal detecting, and not hitting gold fields. There’s other detectors that would better suit you. If you can’t get a different model a bigger coil would help. That model is fairly specific on what it’s for and being new you’ll wanna cover as much ground as possible.

Welcome from wv and I wish you the best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being new to metal detecting, and not hitting gold fields. There’s other detectors that would better suit you. If you can’t get a different model a bigger coil would help. That model is fairly specific on what it’s for and being new you’ll wanna cover as much ground as possible.

Welcome from wv and I wish you the best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. If I were coinshooting I'd get a more broadly focused model. However, I’m sure the Goldbug will work! Also, big plus for going with Fisher! So many overlook this wonderful company these days for other detectors with more hype surrounding them. I run an F5, myself, having graduated to it from an F2 I used for many years.

Welcome from Kansas. I had a friend who lived in garland across from the Garrett factory. He could go there and get me things local dealers said were unavailable. I lost touch with him over the years. It's a great hobby if you aren't doing it to get rich. Just enjoy it and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom