Silver is at $12 an oz

louie088

Elite Member
Just curious if anyone has taken advantage of the drop in silver prices? Its hanging out around $12 dollars an oz!
I bought some stuff online.

I really don't buy bullion, except for some silver eagles (reverse proofs, other special issues), but one dealer I know of says that it's hard to get PHYSICAL silver at the current prices. He and other dealers, since it isn't their primary business, don't want to sell existing inventory at that price level.

Take a magnet to the silver you get online. A lot of the fake stuff is magnetic. I don't know how prevalent it is, but it does exist, and I would expect it in a market like the current one.

-- Tom

I really don't buy bullion, except for some silver eagles (reverse proofs, other special issues), but one dealer I know of says that it's hard to get PHYSICAL silver at the current prices. He and other dealers, since it isn't their primary business, don't want to sell existing inventory at that price level.

Take a magnet to the silver you get online. A lot of the fake stuff is magnetic. I don't know how prevalent it is, but it does exist, and I would expect it in a market like the current one.

-- Tom

Man that would be really unfortunate to get scammed like that. I've only ever ordered from APMEX and they are top notch for sure. I ordered some stuff today. I ordered five 2020 1oz Kugerands at $12.22. Chose those cause I like the coin. I just get what ever I like, usually in 1oz rounds, but honestly almost everything was sold out! Crazy!

Man that would be really unfortunate to get scammed like that. I've only ever ordered from APMEX and they are top notch for sure. I ordered some stuff today. I ordered five 2020 1oz Kugerands at $12.22. Chose those cause I like the coin. I just get what ever I like, usually in 1oz rounds, but honestly almost everything was sold out! Crazy!
Krugs are selling for a min of $18 ea. Where are you buying at $12?

Edit: sorry, I know there are whopping premiums now over spot price.

Krugs are selling for a min of $18 ea. Where are you buying at $12?

Edit: sorry, I know there are whopping premiums now over spot price.

I just looked as well, here’s the cheapest 1oz .999 silver I found on apmex

405d873c21593de4e2470aaf3d9bec2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries so what I did was I bought when silver was at $12.20 an oz. there are premiums on coins vs bars plus the person selling has to make $ too. So I paid $102.65 for five of them

Sigh...you paid almost 70% over the spot price...the idea is to buy low sell high.

Last edited:
I used to buy mine from JM Bullion.
1 oz bars are priced at $15.74 for a CC or pay pal buy but all are out of Stock so I guess everyone is thinking the same thing. buy low now and sell high later

Has anybody noticed that the premiums have almost doubled from previous months ? .i get that they have to make a profit but they are selling at $10.00 over spot ,digging in to any potential up swings. This is starting to look like a racket to me sorry.😠 the only precious metal that is worth investing in seems to be the one we find for free. And this holding it until the shtf business is silly it all comes back around to money! And not only have they raised their prices but most sites have miraculously either sold out or maybe it’s just not profitable to sell right now at these prices.

Has anybody noticed that the premiums have almost doubled from previous months ? .i get that they have to make a profit but they are selling at $10.00 over spot ,digging in to any potential up swings. This is starting to look like a racket to me sorry.😠 the only precious metal that is worth investing in seems to be the one we find for free. And this holding it until the shtf business is silly it all comes back around to money! And not only have they raised their prices but most sites have miraculously either sold out or maybe it’s just not profitable to sell right now at these prices.
This is nothing new if you’ve followed the market the last 10 years. It’s happened several times.

My friends wife works at a silver/gold store. From what I understand,at least there, that you can lock in at whatever the price is that day, but they are four weeks out due to high demand with low prices right now. This is a respected business, not a pawn shop. LOL. I am going to buy a few ounces. This is just melt price though.

My friends wife works at a silver/gold store. From what I understand,at least there, that you can lock in at whatever the price is that day, but they are four weeks out due to high demand with low prices right now. This is a respected business, not a pawn shop. LOL. I am going to buy a few ounces. This is just melt price though.

And this isnt adding spot price. You may be around the $13 to $14 dollar range when all is said and done.

As long as the financial institutions do not collapse you might be best off buying SLV on the stock market as most trading platforms have free trades. 11.30 per share and backed by real silver held in London. Yeah you don't get to hold it, but my physical silver collection was stolen anyways.

No worries so what I did was I bought when silver was at $12.20 an oz. there are premiums on coins vs bars plus the person selling has to make $ too. So I paid $102.65 for five of them
This means you paid over $20 each for them. Not a good deal at all. At $12 per ounce you should be paying no more than 14-15 dollars each but no one is selling at reasonable prices for the time being.

You could find silver at the price you paid, when spot was $18.00.

As long as the financial institutions do not collapse you might be best off buying SLV on the stock market as most trading platforms have free trades. 11.30 per share and backed by real silver held in London. Yeah you don't get to hold it, but my physical silver collection was stolen anyways.

No. Just no...The paper market is what's screwing up the system to begin with, and jumping in that circus in the middle of this financial s**tshow is a TERRIBLE idea! :no:

Backed by real silver at the rate of 50:1 paper vs phyzz. Or is it 100:1?

You dont need to get it physically. The fund simply tracks the same price as silver so you can beat inflation, unless you buy high and sell low. I know, stocks aren't for everyone and right now is probably poor timing to buy. Better to wait till the crisis has an end in sight.

Back
Top Bottom