Confederate cast Infantry button

BladeRunner

Hi all.

I don't find many CW buttons. (Only 4 in 6+ years of detecting) So, I wanted to show off one of my recent finds. I found this at an old home site in the woods.

24mm Confederate cast pewter Infantry button. Best I can tell, I think it's the Albert CS185 / Tice CSI281A1 button.

Overall, I think it's in great condition. You can still see a tiny bit of the gold guilt around the edges near the rim. There is a small hole in the center of the I and a bigger one on the back that are both still filled with dirt. Not sure if they are casting flaws or where the pewter started to rot away.

This is definitely one of my favorite finds. Thanks for looking!

ws0asdj.jpg

gUdO7YX.jpg

Beauty !! Well ya may not dig many but you sure dig the right ones :neat:

Awesome find! That’s definitely one to be proud of! I have a couple of the cast brass block I buttons that are near the top of my list of favorite finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! I have to say I have been lucky with the few I've found. I also found a Louisiana Pelican button. Unfortunately, it was smashed. :(

Congrats on the CW find. I have just started this past fall hunting CW relics in North Georgia. I have not yet found anything that good. Still hoping.

Oh to find a CSA belt buckle.

John

Congrats and a great find!! I remember finding my first Cast CS I - I was so psyched!! I had only been detecting for about 4 months in 2017.

Back
Top Bottom