Battle of Chancellorsville

VA-REB

Forum Supporter
Went out today with my neighbor on some land connected to the Battle of Chancellorsville. It is a large piece of property, over 300 acres. We had a good time and got a little bit of lead. Two Sharps carbine, 1 Williams cleaner and a couple of 44 cal revolver bullets. Can’t wait to go back.

Attachments

• E8BD7542-8ED5-4BD9-B543-21F27B10D6DF.jpg
    E8BD7542-8ED5-4BD9-B543-21F27B10D6DF.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 378
  • 4F52DAD4-3321-431F-AC11-B6C50C4BE673.jpg
    4F52DAD4-3321-431F-AC11-B6C50C4BE673.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 386
ah, you guys in VA are lucky. Lots of action in VA during the whole war.
Sherman quickly came through GA, won most of the battles and then left.

ah, you guys in VA are lucky. Lots of action in VA during the whole war.
Sherman quickly came through GA, won most of the battles and then left.

You got that right. Something like 75% of all the fighting was done in Virginia. Just within about a 10-15 mile radius from here you have the first battle of Fredericksburg, second battle of Fredericksburg, Salem Church, Chancellorsville, Wilderness, Spotsylvania and many smaller skirmishes.

Last edited:
Good finds! Yes, the VA hunting is good for lead. I'm rocking a few jars of minie balls as well!

Digging bullets is surely one of my favorites. It sure has made my day a lot of times.

It's funny, as much as I do love digging anything that old..sometimes I am sick of them and want something else cool to come up. But then after a hunt with no finds, I am so happy to see lead in the dirt again!

Nice finds! Chancellorsville has been good to me. We hunted that spot where the Battlefield Store is now located. Bullets, buttons, shells, and a few plates came out. My aunt and uncle used to own the property up until the time they passed.

Nice finds! Chancellorsville has been good to me. We hunted that spot where the Battlefield Store is now located. Bullets, buttons, shells, and a few plates came out. My aunt and uncle used to own the property up until the time they passed.

Good to know that, at least, some relics wee saved before the ground was covered with the building and parking lot. The Battlefield Country Store is one of my favorites. It is a nice store.

Good to know that, at least, some relics wee saved before the ground was covered with the building and parking lot. The Battlefield Country Store is one of my favorites. It is a nice store.
I rode up there while on the motorcycle to see if I could get permission to hunt again... that's when I saw all the construction going on. What a surprise! Oh well... good while it lasted though. My brother found a complete Schenkle shell on our very first hunt. A Read shell also came out. I found a nice Connecticut button in the front yard and my aunt gave me a union officer's button she had dug up in her garden. Good times! I've only been in the store once.

Great hunt as a upper midwesterner, I cant stress enough how jealous I am, lol

One of these days before I die, I want to take the time to head south and hunt a skirmish or camp site.

Great hunt as a upper midwesterner, I cant stress enough how jealous I am, lol

One of these days before I die, I want to take the time to head south and hunt a skirmish or camp site.

I guess I’m lucky to live where I do cause I like digging civil war stuff. And I’m real lucky to meet my neighbor down the street who has access to a lot of very nice property.

Back
Top Bottom